Re: Mapbender

Siline
Dear All

I have gone through your presentation on Create Web Application with Mapbende on  FOSS4G, Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) which was done by Astrid.
That is very nice presentation and Mapbender's features are interesting.
May I take your time a little bit.
I wish to plot road-network condition on web-browser. The road conditions data are stored in MySQL. My Question is, is the Mapbender able to view spatial data(roads and road condition) from MySQL? If yes, could you please share some documents for how to configure it.

Thank so much.
Best,
Siline

On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 at 11:38, Srun Siline <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All

I have gone through your presentation on Create Web Application with Mapbende on  FOSS4G, Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) which was done by Astrid.
That is very nice presentation and Mapbender's features are interesting.
May I take your time a little bit.
I wish to plot road-network condition on web-browser. The road conditions data are stored in MySQL. My Question is, is the Mapbender able to view spatial data(roads and road condition) from MySQL? If yes, could you please share some documents for how to configure it.

Thank so much.
Best,
Siline

Re: Mapbender

Karsten-3-2
Hi Siline,

in order to render/view MySQL spatial data in Mapbender you will need to add a map rendering engine (software) to your server that can serve the data as WMS ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Map_Service ) or WFS service ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Feature_Service ) which in turn you can add too your Mapbender after you configured those services. Note that at this time it is not possible to add MySQL data directly to MapBender ...

Examples for such map rendering engines (that can be sued to publish WMS or WFS ) you could use
e.g. MapServer https://mapserver.org/ or Geoserver http://geoserver.org/ . To become familiar how to publish a WMS or WFS see the documentation of the respective software .

Cheers
Karsten

Re: Mapbender

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Siline,

nice to hear from you and great that  you would like to try Mapbender!

As Karten mentioned you need to setup an OGC WMS as Mapbender can only
visualize WMS at the moment.

An easy way could be setting up a WMS via QGIS Server.
https://live.osgeo.org/de/overview/qgis_mapserver_overview.html
https://live.osgeo.org/de/quickstart/qgis_mapserver_quickstart.html

For the mentioned MapServer and GeoServeryou also find Quickstart
documentation to get familiar with the software.

https://live.osgeo.org/de/quickstart/mapserver_quickstart.html
https://live.osgeo.org/de/quickstart/geoserver_quickstart.html

Anyway OSGeoLive can help you with the first steps.

Greetings from germany

Astrid

Am 2019-12-23 08:07, schrieb karsten:

> Hi Siline,
>
> in order to render/view MySQL spatial data in Mapbender you will need
> to add a map rendering engine (software) to your server that can serve
> the data as WMS ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Map_Service )
> or WFS service ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Feature_Service
> ) which in turn you can add too your Mapbender after you configured
> those services. Note that at this time it is not possible to add MySQL
> data directly to MapBender ...
>
> Examples for such map rendering engines (that can be sued to publish
> WMS or WFS ) you could use
> e.g. MapServer https://mapserver.org/ or Geoserver
> http://geoserver.org/ . To become familiar how to publish a WMS or WFS
> see the documentation of the respective software .
>
> Cheers
> Karsten
>
> -------------------------
>  FROM: Mapbender_users
> [mailto:[hidden email]] ON BEHALF OF Srun
> Siline
> SENT: Sunday, December 22, 2019 20:47
> TO: [hidden email]
> SUBJECT: Re: [Mapbender-users] Mapbender
>
> Dear All
>
> I have gone through your presentation on Create Web Application with
> Mapbende on  FOSS4G, Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) which
> was done by Astrid.
>
> That is very nice presentation and Mapbender's features are
> interesting.
>
> May I take your time a little bit.
>
> I wish to plot road-network condition on web-browser. The road
> conditions data are stored in MySQL. My Question is, is the Mapbender
> able to view spatial data(roads and road condition) from MySQL? If
> yes, could you please share some documents for how to configure it.
>
> Thank so much.
> Best,
> Siline
>
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 at 11:38, Srun Siline <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear All
>>
>> I have gone through your presentation on Create Web Application with
>> Mapbende on  FOSS4G, Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) which
>> was done by Astrid.
>>
>> That is very nice presentation and Mapbender's features are
>> interesting.
>>
>> May I take your time a little bit.
>>
>> I wish to plot road-network condition on web-browser. The road
>> conditions data are stored in MySQL. My Question is, is the
>> Mapbender able to view spatial data(roads and road condition) from
>> MySQL? If yes, could you please share some documents for how to
>> configure it.
>>
>> Thank so much.
>> Best,
>> Siline

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

  -----------------------------------
  Aufwind durch Wissen!
  Qualifizierte Open-Source-Schulungen
  bei der www.foss-academy.com
  -----------------------------------

   Astrid Emde
   WhereGroup GmbH
   Eifelstraße 7
   53119 Bonn
   Germany

   Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
   Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

   [hidden email]
   www.wheregroup.com

   Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Geschäftsführer:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 9885

Re: Mapbender

Siline
Thank so much Astrid and Karte.
I am starting develop a web-map using Mapbender (Ms4W).
I am facing one thing that is really annoy is when ever I add or click update on any functions in Layouts tab then Mapbender shutdown automatically.
Could you please tell me how to fix this?

Best,
Siline

On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 at 18:32, Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> yes, could you please share some documents for how to configure it.
>
> Thank so much.
> Best,
> Siline
>
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 at 11:38, Srun Siline <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear All
>>
>> I have gone through your presentation on Create Web Application with
>> Mapbende on  FOSS4G, Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) which
>> was done by Astrid.
>>
>> That is very nice presentation and Mapbender's features are
>> interesting.
>>
>> May I take your time a little bit.
>>
>> I wish to plot road-network condition on web-browser. The road
>> conditions data are stored in MySQL. My Question is, is the
>> Mapbender able to view spatial data(roads and road condition) from
>> MySQL? If yes, could you please share some documents for how to

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant