Re: [MapProxy] internal error when using clip with datasource

Re: [MapProxy] internal error when using clip with datasource

Lars-Daniel Weber
Seems like MapProxy and this mailing-list are abandoned.

Does anyone know similar tools?

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. April 2019 um 16:03 Uhr
> Von: "Lars-Daniel Weber" <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: [MapProxy] internal error when using clip with datasource
>
> Hi there!
>
> I'd like to narrow down to the visible area of my tiles to a BBOX.
>
> When using pure BBOX in source-coverage, the tiles don't get limited, they still can be requested outside the BBOX:
> sources:
>   src_distribution:
>     type: mapnik
>     mapfile: data/mapnik.xml
>     layers: lyr_distribution
>     transparent: true
>     coverage:
>       bbox: 'xxxx'
>       srs: 'EPSG:3857'
>
> Adding "clip: true" to bbox doesn't work, it directly leads to "internal error".
> The only way seems to be a datasource with the geometry of the bbox, then "clip: true" works:
>
> sources:
>   src_distribution:
>     type: mapnik
>     mapfile: data/mapnik.xml
>     layers: lyr_distribution
>     transparent: true
>     coverage:
>       clip: true
>       datasource: 'distribution_bbox.geojson'
>       srs: 'EPSG:3857'
>

> The tiles are perfectly within this bbox only, but I'm getting hundrets of "internal error" as text around the bbox. On areas very far outside the bbox, I'm getting the normal XML error that the requested tile is out of boundary.
>
> Is this a bug?
>
> Best regards,
> Lars-Daniel

Re: [MapProxy] internal error when using clip with datasource

berndv.

Am 06.07.19 um 18:38 schrieb Lars-Daniel Weber:
> Seems like MapProxy and this mailing-list are abandoned.
>
> Does anyone know similar tools?

I don't think MapProxy is abandoned.

At least https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/commits/master shows some
development

>> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. April 2019 um 16:03 Uhr
>> Von: "Lars-Daniel Weber" <[hidden email]>
>> An: [hidden email]
>> Betreff: [MapProxy] internal error when using clip with datasource
>>
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I'd like to narrow down to the visible area of my tiles to a BBOX.
>>
>> When using pure BBOX in source-coverage, the tiles don't get limited, they still can be requested outside the BBOX:
>> sources:
>>    src_distribution:
>>      type: mapnik
>>      mapfile: data/mapnik.xml
>>      layers: lyr_distribution
>>      transparent: true
>>      coverage:
>>        bbox: 'xxxx'
>>        srs: 'EPSG:3857'
>>
>> Adding "clip: true" to bbox doesn't work, it directly leads to "internal error".
>> The only way seems to be a datasource with the geometry of the bbox, then "clip: true" works:
>>
>> sources:
>>    src_distribution:
>>      type: mapnik
>>      mapfile: data/mapnik.xml
>>      layers: lyr_distribution
>>      transparent: true
>>      coverage:
>>        clip: true
>>        datasource: 'distribution_bbox.geojson'
>>        srs: 'EPSG:3857'
>>

>> The tiles are perfectly within this bbox only, but I'm getting hundrets of "internal error" as text around the bbox. On areas very far outside the bbox, I'm getting the normal XML error that the requested tile is out of boundary.
>>
>> Is this a bug?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Lars-Daniel

Re: [MapProxy] internal error when using clip with datasource

Travis Kirstine
Could the errors be caused by a missing libs - geos / shapely