Re: Image mosaic granule replaced but geoserver showing the old data. UPDATE - even after reindex it still shows old data.

Re: Image mosaic granule replaced but geoserver showing the old data. UPDATE - even after reindex it still shows old data.

Phil Scadden

This continues to baffle me. I tried a reindex with:

curl -v -u username:password -XPOST -H "Content-type: text/plain" -d "file://mnt/imagery/swathw" “http://<myserver>/rest/workspaces/gns/coveragestores/swath_west/external.imagemosaic

it comes back ok:

upload completely sent off: 25 out of 25 bytes

< HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted

< Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 21:58:57 GMT

< Server: Noelios-Restlet-Engine/1.0..8

< Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

< Transfer-Encoding: chunked

However, if I view the tif in /mnt/imagery/swathw I see the new data. If I look at the corresponding layer in layer preview, I see the old tile (which has a giant unmistakable artefact in it, fixed in the new one). Somewhere the old data is persisting but where?

I have also tried deleting the layer and republishing but not change.

Re: Image mosaic granule replaced but geoserver showing the old data. UPDATE - even after reindex it still shows old data.

Daniele Romagnoli-3
Hi Phil,
a few questions:
did you replace the very same file?
as an instance, you have replaced /path/to/myfile.tif with /path/to/myfile.tif (where the only difference is the content).
If not, which datastore are you using for your mosaic? Is it standard shapefile?

That being said, any chance that the browser is doing some caching?
Could you try clearing your browser's cache and repeat the test?

Please, let us know.
Best Regards,
Daniele

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 12:30 AM Phil Scadden <[hidden email]> wrote:

This continues to baffle me. I tried a reindex with:

curl -v -u username:password -XPOST -H "Content-type: text/plain" -d "file://mnt/imagery/swathw" “http://<myserver>/rest/workspaces/gns/coveragestores/swath_west/external.imagemosaic

it comes back ok:

upload completely sent off: 25 out of 25 bytes

< HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted

< Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 21:58:57 GMT

[...]

==
==

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: Image mosaic granule replaced but geoserver showing the old data. UPDATE - even after reindex it still shows old data.

Micho García
Hi Phil,

I was fighting recently against a similar problem. In my case, I was updating the same granule in an imagemosaic but the layer wasn't refreshed. I did multiple things:

* First, I tried to force to reload the geoserver, this reloaded every store and it updated the index and then I checked if after the index was updated the layer was shown correctly.
* If you are using shapefile as an imagemosaic index, change it by an index in PostGIS. This solves my problem. In my case, the index in shapefile wasn't updating the index correctly.

Best and good luck.

Micho Garcia

El vie., 3 may. 2019 a las 0:29, Phil Scadden (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

This continues to baffle me. I tried a reindex with:

curl -v -u username:password -XPOST -H "Content-type: text/plain" -d "file://mnt/imagery/swathw" “http://<myserver>/rest/workspaces/gns/coveragestores/swath_west/external.imagemosaic

it comes back ok:

upload completely sent off: 25 out of 25 bytes

< HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted

< Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 21:58:57 GMT