Re: [Ica-osgeo-labs] The LAS format, the ASPRS, and the “LAZ clone” by ESRI

Re: [Ica-osgeo-labs] The LAS format, the ASPRS, and the “LAZ clone” by ESRI – Hi Patrick, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I believe the OSGeo Board need to look into this and prepare a position paper with input...
Thanks Patrick for surfacing this. Yes, this should be opened up for scrutiny by the entire community and we should all weigh in. On Fri, Feb ...
Patrick, others, OSGeo and related OGC communities have been successful previously in stopping ESRI's inappropriate creation of OGC standards. ...
Hi Cameron, Thank you for this excellent suggestion. I remember this previous Geoservices REST API issues and discussions. Patrick - Could y...
Re: [Board] [Ica-osgeo-labs] The LAS format, the ASPRS, and the “LAZ clone” by ESRI – Carl, No, it doesn't really clarify it. I think what people are wondering is "does OGC have a default mission and position that closed forma...
Re: [Ica-osgeo-labs] [Board] The LAS format, the ASPRS, and the “LAZ clone” by ESRI – Colleagues, I see these kind of developments also directly affecting Open Principles in Geo Education that "Geo for All" , OSGeo, ICA...
Re: [Ica-osgeo-labs] [Board] The LAS format, the ASPRS, and the “LAZ clone” by ESRI – Dear all, dear OSGeo Board While supporting this LAS related initiative I'd like to draw your attention to a potentially similar use case which i...
Stefan, That a proprietary vendor decides not to implement a standard in its products is mainly its problem (as well as the one of its customers...
Re: [Board] [Ica-osgeo-labs] The LAS format, the ASPRS, and the “LAZ clone” by ESRI – Hi Even, It is difficult for OSGeo to stop a vendor from promoting their product, or promoting a specific lock in strategy. But we can: * Suppor...
Hi Cameron, > It is difficult for OSGeo to stop a vendor from promoting their product, > or promoting a specific lock in strategy. Of cour...
Re: [Board] [Ica-osgeo-labs] The LAS format, the ASPRS, and the “LAZ clone” by ESRI – Hi, 2015-03-03 7:13 GMT+01:00 Even Rouault <even.rouault@...> wrote: > Hi Cameron, ... > Currently there's no finalized conformance t...
(note: resend to make sure this gets on the lists) Hi Stefan, I will make a few comments! GeoPackage: the OGC Compliance Program develops...
Re: [Ica-osgeo-labs] [Board] The LAS format, the ASPRS, and the “LAZ clone” by ESRI – Hi Scott, Thank you for OGC's openness to discuss ideas for reviewing standardisation of LiDAR and other point cloud data. I have informed our ...
Re: The LAS format, the ASPRS, and the “LAZ clone” by ESRI – > On Mar 3, 2015, at 12:13 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault@...> wrote: > > Hi Cameron, > >> It is difficult for OSG...
The ASPRS LAS committee has been roundly criticized in the past for not operating in an open, consensus-driven, transparent manner. My personal...
Even, You wrote: > The annoying thing here is that a proprietary vendor aggressively pushes his > *closed* format and tries to undermine an...