Re: Help with the Mapbender3 Translation - join the sprint next week - please get involved!

Re: Help with the Mapbender3 Translation - join the sprint next week - please get involved!

prototron
I'm answering the call, I started working on French translations. I'm
doing it on my spare time between work and life obligations but
hopefully you would have something (not perfect) to present by the end
of the week to our french collegues in Paris.

I did't scrutinize all the repos, but I saw that some translations files
are in "fom" repo. What branch should I work on? hotfix/translations
doesn't exists in "fom".

On 2017-07-14 8:37 AM, Astrid Emde wrote:

> Hello Mapbender-User and friends,
>
> we would like to make a Mapbender3 Translation Sprint next week during
> FOSS4G Europe!
>
> We hope you all come to FOSS4G Europe 2017 in Paris Marne-la-Vallée
> from 18.-22.7.2017
> https://europe.foss4g.org/2017/
>
> Our goals are
> * update existing translations (en, de, it, es, ru, nl, pt)
> * add new translations
>
> The results will be published in the next release.
>
> There is a ticket for the translations
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues/557
>
> Now we are looking for volunteers to help with the translation.
>
> It would be also great to provide more languages.
>
> So if you have time and you speak another language just write an email
> to this mailing list or
> to [hidden email] to get involved. You also can talk to me at
> FOSS4G Europe or come to the OSGeo Code print on saturday.
>
> You can make a fork at Github and give back the results with a
> pull request.
>
> Fork
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender
> https://github.com/mapbender/fom
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-digitizer
> ..
>
> Please use branch hotfix/translations for the translation see f.e
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/hotfix/translations.
>
> You find information about translation in Mapbender3 at:
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation/blob/release/3.0.6/en/book/translation.rst

Re: Help with the Mapbender3 Translation - join the sprint next week - please get involved!

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Abrabacabra,

great that you heard the call and answered.

You will find translation files in some bundles and always in the branch
hotfix/translations (I worked on two files today in teh train on the way
to Paris - so please get the acutal files).

You find the documentation at:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation/blob/release/3.0.6/en/book/translation.rst

CoreBundle and Manager Bundle are the biggest files:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/hotfix/translations/src/Mapbender/CoreBundle/Resources/translations
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/hotfix/translations/src/Mapbender/ManagerBundle/Resources/translations

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/hotfix/translations/src/Mapbender/WmsBundle/Resources/translations

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/hotfix/translations/src/Mapbender/WmcBundle/Resources/translations

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/hotfix/translations/src/Mapbender/PrintBundle/Resources/translations

https://github.com/mapbender/fom/tree/hotfix/translations/src/FOM/CoreBundle/Resources/translations

https://github.com/mapbender/fom/tree/hotfix/translations/src/FOM/ManagerBundle/Resources/translations

https://github.com/mapbender/fom/tree/hotfix/translations/src/FOM/UserBundle/Resources/translations

Looks much, but some files are very small.
Best way may be to take the english translation and compare it with the
existing french translation.
In some folders the french translations daoes not exist.

If you have any question, let me know.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Astrid

Am 2017-07-17 14:24, schrieb Abrabacabra:

> I'm answering the call, I started working on French translations. I'm
> doing it on my spare time between work and life obligations but
> hopefully you would have something (not perfect) to present by the end
> of the week to our french collegues in Paris.
>
> I did't scrutinize all the repos, but I saw that some translations
> files are in "fom" repo. What branch should I work on?
> hotfix/translations doesn't exists in "fom".
>

> On 2017-07-14 8:37 AM, Astrid Emde wrote:
>> Hello Mapbender-User and friends,
>>
>> we would like to make a Mapbender3 Translation Sprint next week during
>> FOSS4G Europe!
>>
>> We hope you all come to FOSS4G Europe 2017 in Paris Marne-la-Vallée
>> from 18.-22.7.2017
>> https://europe.foss4g.org/2017/
>>
>> Our goals are
>> * update existing translations (en, de, it, es, ru, nl, pt)
>> * add new translations
>>
>> The results will be published in the next release.
>>
>> There is a ticket for the translations
>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues/557
>>
>> Now we are looking for volunteers to help with the translation.
>>
>> It would be also great to provide more languages.
>>
>> So if you have time and you speak another language just write an email
>> to this mailing list or
>> to [hidden email] to get involved. You also can talk to me at
>> FOSS4G Europe or come to the OSGeo Code print on saturday.
>>
>> You can make a fork at Github and give back the results with a
>> pull request.
>>
>> Fork
>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender
>> https://github.com/mapbender/fom
>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-digitizer
>> ..
>>
>> Please use branch hotfix/translations for the translation see f.e
>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/hotfix/translations.
>>
>> You find information about translation in Mapbender3 at:
>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation/blob/release/3.0.6/en/book/translation.rst

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Sommerschule 2017
Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit Open-Source-Software
11.-15. September 2017
www.foss-academy.com/sommerschule

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: Help with the Mapbender3 Translation - join the sprint next week - please get involved!

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Mapbender Community,

it is the translation sprint week this week and we have first results!

Partice-geo made a pull request for french which was accepted already.
Thanks for the translation!

https://github.com/mapbender/fom/pull/32
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/pull/579

Partice-geo noticed that some textes will still remain in english. This
is because there are no trans parameter set always. This is the next
step we should check. This is the reference to the issue on github.

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues/578

Hope more languages will come soon.

Greetings from Paris Marne-la-Vallée from FOSS4G-Europe

Astrid Emde

Am 2017-07-17 18:48, schrieb Astrid Emde:

> [...]
>
> Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Sommerschule 2017
Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit Open-Source-Software
11.-15. September 2017
www.foss-academy.com/sommerschule

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: Help with the Mapbender3 Translation - join the sprint next week - please get involved!

Hey,

What is the correct workflow with git for translating (or Mapbender
development in general)?

I worked on the repos to translate, then after a while, I realised I was
on the master branch, so I not-so-cleanly integrated my changes in
hotfix/translations afterwards.

Today I continued my work on the french translation, working on
hotfix/translations, but then I can't just "refresh" the browser to see
the changes as it seems to be only the master branch that is visible in
the filesystem.

Do I have to merge all the time into master?

Are you using something like Gulp or Webpack?