Re: Google season of docs

Giovanni Manghi
Hi all

> Here is some opportunity to get more funds for QGIS documentation:
>
> https://opensource.googleblog.com/2019/03/introducing-season-of-docs.html
>
> Google would fund, depending on the country of the participants, somewhere between 3k and 6.6k per accepted participant.
>
> Possible projects: Update of Python cookbook, more updates to training manual, processing, certain new chapters in the manual - others?

what is the status of this? is anyone planning submitting a proposal
(or already did it)?

cheers!

-- g --

Re: Google season of docs

ghtmtt
Hi Giovanni,

it is on my todo list, but I think help is appreciated ;)

anyway, we still have time:

https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/timeline

Cheers

Matteo

Re: Google season of docs

Caroline Alexiou
Hi,
As far as I understood, Matteo is going to apply on behalf of QGIS until April 23rd. And then, if QGIS gets accepted as a mentoring organization, technical writers can apply. Matteo, please let us know if the application requires a number of writers needed to be specified up front, so that we can work it out amongst the people who have expressed interest.

Best,
Karolina

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 11:42 PM Alexandre Neto <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

agree, thanks!

-- G --

Re: Google season of docs

ghtmtt

I just want to inform the PSC that I had a meeting with Cameron Shorter
(in Cc) of the OSGEOLIVE team and we decided to join the efforts and
write a proposal together.

We have 2 weeks to write the proposal.

I'll keep you posted

Cheers