Re: GetFeature (WFS1.1.0) returns MultiCurve instead of MultiLineString

Re: GetFeature (WFS1.1.0) returns MultiCurve instead of MultiLineString

jratike80

Hi,

I would read this http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/services/wfs/schemamapping.html

and then try something like

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="geometry" nillable="true" type="gml:MultiLineStringPropertyType"/>

MultiSurface is what GML 3 most often uses and I suggest to file a feature request for your application about that. However, mismatch between DescribeFeatureType and GetFeature may be a bug in Geoserver 2.8 but I am not sure. MultiCurve with just linear members is the same as MultiLineString but I can’t say if client that is prepared to receive MultiLineStrings but is getting those enclosed inside MultiCurves has good enough reason for throwing an error.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Dominik Gärner wrote:

Hi,

upgrading Geoserver from 2.7.3 to 2.8.0 results in some changes in the response of WFS (1.1.0) GetFeature requests. I have a normal Shape source with geometry type MultiLineString. In Geoserver 2.7.3 (and earlier) GetFeature und DescribeFeature returns MultiLineString to this layer. In the newer version 2.8.0 the GetFeature returns a MultiCurve (even though the layer itself and DescribeFeature is still telling MultiLineString).

Is this a bug or is there a reason for it? Can I change this behaviour (my application connected to Geoserver can’t handle MultiCurves)?

Best Regards

Dominik

--

Dominik Gärner
GRINTEC GmbH

FN 47845k Handelsgericht Graz

Re: GetFeature (WFS1.1.0) returns MultiCurve instead of MultiLineString

geowolf
On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Rahkonen Jukka (MML) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I would read this http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/services/wfs/schemamapping.html

and then try something like

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="geometry" nillable="true" type="gml:MultiLineStringPropertyType"/>

MultiSurface is what GML 3 most often uses and I suggest to file a feature request for your application about that. However, mismatch between DescribeFeatureType and GetFeature may be a bug in Geoserver 2.8 but I am not sure. MultiCurve with just linear members is the same as MultiLineString but I can’t say if client that is prepared to receive MultiLineStrings but is getting those enclosed inside MultiCurves has good enough reason for throwing an error.

MultLineString in WFS 1.1 schemas is deprecated and meant to be replaced with MultiCurve, but yeah, I've verified that the DescribeFeatureType does not
match on a 2.8.x I have handy (somewhat surprised the CITE tests we run nightly are not failing because of it)
Dominik, can you open a report at https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/projects/GEOS ?

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: GetFeature (WFS1.1.0) returns MultiCurve instead of MultiLineString

Dominik Gärner

Thanks for your responses, I raised a Jira ticket for it here: https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-7320

GML 3.2 seems to be not affected, but I haven’t checked other requests. Possible that it concerns other requests/schemas also.

Best Regards

Dominik

[...]

mailto:[hidden email]