Re: [Geotools-gt2-users] Re: Geoserver & uDIG

Re: [Geotools-gt2-users] Re: Geoserver & uDIG

Rueben Schulz-2
Hello,

There are many possible reasons why this might not work, but I suspect
Justin's suggestion below should work (set map CRS to data CRS).

For reference this is the 21892 WKT (from the epsg.properties file):

PROJCS["Bogota 1975 / Colombia Bogota zone",GEOGCS["Bogota
1975",DATUM["Bogota_1975",SPHEROID["International
1924",6378388,297,AUTHORITY["EPSG","7022"]],AUTHORITY["EPSG","6218"]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],UNIT["degree",0.01745329251994328,AUTHORITY["EPSG","9122"]],AUTHORITY["EPSG","4218"]],
PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",4.599047222222222],PARAMETER["central_meridian",-74.08091666666667],PARAMETER["scale_factor",1],PARAMETER["false_easting",1000000],PARAMETER["false_northing",1000000],UNIT["metre",1,AUTHORITY["EPSG","9001"]],AUTHORITY["EPSG","21892"]]

The transverse mercator projection is supported in getools, so that is
not the problem.

I do not know where geoserver is getting CRS (aka SRS) information;
perhaps a geoserver person can answer this for me (since I am interested
in knowing). If it is from the epsg.properties file, then the CRS has no
TOWGS84 parameters (needed for a datum transform). Since the uDig map
defaults to WGS84, it will not be able to transform from the Bogota to
WGS84 datum.

Of course the CRS for the data could be coming from somewhere else (but
geoserver people should be able to help you here).

By setting your map CRS to 21892 (as Justin suggested), uDig should not
have to do any transform and should not complain.

If this is indeed the problem, geoserver may want to consider using the
new CRS authority factory backed by hsql. It has the full epsg database
with all of the datum shifting parameters. However, it seems to be a bit
slow when I was using it at home.

Well, that is my best guess, good luck.
Rueben

--- Justin Deoliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:

 > I am going to cross post this to the udig and
 > geotools lists, someone
 > will have an answer. My guess is that the necessary
 > transform may not be
 > present?
 >
 > What happens if you first set your map to this
 > projection, and then add
 > your data?
 >
 > -Justin
 >
 > Eduin Carrillo wrote:
 > > I were trying to do WFS requests from uDIG to my
 > Georverver without success.
 > >
 > > Data seems to be properly configured but uDIG
 > shows a red cross over that
 > > datasource. My data has SRS 21892 (Bogota/Bogota
 > datum)
 > >
 > > Any hint?
 > >
 > >
 > > Eduin

Re: Geoserver & uDIG

Eduin Carrillo
Thanks Rueben and Justin. Seems that the problem continues.

What I did:

1. Change the map SRS to 21892
2. Load another shapefile (SRS 21892) and looks fine
3. Tried to load WFS and the previously loaded file disappears.

:-(

Another thing, "Map Preview" shows an empty map with this entity.

According to docummentation, SRS WKT text are loaded from   spatial_ref_sys
table (postgresql).

Eduin

 --- Rueben Schulz <[hidden email]> escribió:

> [...]

> Rueben
>

> --- Justin Deoliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > I am going to cross post this to the udig and
>  > geotools lists, someone
>  > will have an answer. My guess is that the necessary
>  > transform may not be
>  > present?
>  >
>  > What happens if you first set your map to this
>  > projection, and then add
>  > your data?
>  >
>  > -Justin
>  >
>  > Eduin Carrillo wrote:
>  > > I were trying to do WFS requests from uDIG to my
>  > Georverver without success.
>  > >
>  > > Data seems to be properly configured but uDIG
>  > shows a red cross over that
>  > > datasource. My data has SRS 21892 (Bogota/Bogota

Re: Geoserver & uDIG

Justin Deoliveira-3
Hi Eduin,

What format is the data in that you are serving up with geoserver?
Shapefile or postgis? If postgis is your spatial_ref_sys properly populated?

Also, when you created the feature type in geoserver, did your speficy
the proper SRS?

-Justin

Eduin Carrillo wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>Of course the CRS for the data could be coming from somewhere else (but
>>geoserver people should be able to help you here).
>>
>>By setting your map CRS to 21892 (as Justin suggested), uDig should not
>>have to do any transform and should not complain.
>>
>>If this is indeed the problem, geoserver may want to consider using the
>>new CRS authority factory backed by hsql. It has the full epsg database
>>with all of the datum shifting parameters. However, it seems to be a bit
>>slow when I was using it at home.
>>
>>Well, that is my best guess, good luck.
>>Rueben
>>

>>--- Justin Deoliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > I am going to cross post this to the udig and
>> > geotools lists, someone
>> > will have an answer. My guess is that the necessary
>> > transform may not be
>> > present?
>> >
>> > What happens if you first set your map to this

Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project
http://topp.openplans.org

Re: [Geotools-gt2-users] Re: Geoserver & uDIG

Justin Deoliveira-3
Hi Rueben, thanks for the info.

Rueben Schulz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There are many possible reasons why this might not work, but I suspect
> Justin's suggestion below should work (set map CRS to data CRS).
>
> For reference this is the 21892 WKT (from the epsg.properties file):
>
> PROJCS["Bogota 1975 / Colombia Bogota zone",GEOGCS["Bogota
> 1975",DATUM["Bogota_1975",SPHEROID["International
> 1924",6378388,297,AUTHORITY["EPSG","7022"]],AUTHORITY["EPSG","6218"]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],UNIT["degree",0.01745329251994328,AUTHORITY["EPSG","9122"]],AUTHORITY["EPSG","4218"]],
>
> PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",4.599047222222222],PARAMETER["central_meridian",-74.08091666666667],PARAMETER["scale_factor",1],PARAMETER["false_easting",1000000],PARAMETER["false_northing",1000000],UNIT["metre",1,AUTHORITY["EPSG","9001"]],AUTHORITY["EPSG","21892"]]
>

> The transverse mercator projection is supported in getools, so that is
> not the problem.
>
> I do not know where geoserver is getting CRS (aka SRS) information;
> perhaps a geoserver person can answer this for me (since I am interested
> in knowing). If it is from the epsg.properties file, then the CRS has no
> TOWGS84 parameters (needed for a datum transform). Since the uDig map
> defaults to WGS84, it will not be able to transform from the Bogota to
> WGS84 datum.
>

> Of course the CRS for the data could be coming from somewhere else (but
> geoserver people should be able to help you here).
>
> By setting your map CRS to 21892 (as Justin suggested), uDig should not
> have to do any transform and should not complain.
>
> If this is indeed the problem, geoserver may want to consider using the
> new CRS authority factory backed by hsql. It has the full epsg database
> with all of the datum shifting parameters. However, it seems to be a bit
> slow when I was using it at home.
Geoserver still uses the epgs.properties file. Ideally it might be nice
to give users the option to choose. In any case it would be useful for
debugging.

> Well, that is my best guess, good luck.
> Rueben
>

> --- Justin Deoliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > I am going to cross post this to the udig and
>  > geotools lists, someone
>  > will have an answer. My guess is that the necessary
>  > transform may not be
>  > present?
>  >
>  > What happens if you first set your map to this
>  > projection, and then add
>  > your data?
>  >
>  > -Justin
>  >
>  > Eduin Carrillo wrote:
>  > > I were trying to do WFS requests from uDIG to my
>  > Georverver without success.
>  > >
>  > > Data seems to be properly configured but uDIG
>  > shows a red cross over that
>  > > datasource. My data has SRS 21892 (Bogota/Bogota
>  > datum)
>  > >
>  > > Any hint?
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Eduin
>  > >
>  > >

Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project
http://topp.openplans.org

Justin Deoliveira wrote:

> Hi Rueben, thanks for the info.
>
> Rueben Schulz wrote:
>

>> If this is indeed the problem, geoserver may want to consider using
>> the new CRS authority factory backed by hsql. It has the full epsg
>> database with all of the datum shifting parameters. However, it seems
>> to be a bit slow when I was using it at home.
>
> Geoserver still uses the epgs.properties file. Ideally it might be
> nice to give users the option to choose. In any case it would be
> useful for debugging.

If you remove gt2-epsg-wkt.jar from the classpath and replace it with
gt2-epsg-hsql.jar and hsql.jar, the hsql CRS authority factory should be
used. It would be interesting to try this experiment to see if that is
what caused the problem.

Rueben

Re: Geoserver & uDIG

Eduin Carrillo
>If you remove gt2-epsg-wkt.jar from the classpath and replace it with
>gt2-epsg-hsql.jar and hsql.jar, the hsql CRS authority factory should be
>used. It would be interesting to try this experiment to see if that is
>what caused the problem.
>
>Rueben

Where can I download gt2-epsg-hsql.jar and hsql.jar? I'm using
geoserver-1.3.0-RC6

>Hi Eduin,
>
>What format is the data in that you are serving up with geoserver?
>Shapefile or postgis?

PostGIS 1.0 + PostgrSQL 8.0.3
 If postgis is your spatial_ref_sys properly populated?

Yes, 2671 records.

>Also, when you created the feature type in geoserver, did your speficy >the
proper SRS?

Yes, SRS 21892

>-Justin

GetCapabilities:
http://sig.cas.gov.co:9999/geoserver/wms?request=GetCapabilities&service=WMS
Preview:
http://sig.cas.gov.co:9999/geoserver/data/generated/sig_dp_departamento.html

Thanks in advance

Eduin

Eduin Yesid Carrillo Vega
[hidden email]
COLOMBIA

Re: Geoserver & uDIG

Justin Deoliveira-3
I just built one and have posted it here:

http://dist.codehaus.org/geoserver/gt2-epsg-hsql-2.1.1.jar

Eduin Carrillo wrote:

>>If you remove gt2-epsg-wkt.jar from the classpath and replace it with
>>gt2-epsg-hsql.jar and hsql.jar, the hsql CRS authority factory should be
>>used. It would be interesting to try this experiment to see if that is
>>what caused the problem.
>>
>>Rueben
>>

> Where can I download gt2-epsg-hsql.jar and hsql.jar? I'm using
> geoserver-1.3.0-RC6
>

>>Hi Eduin,
>>
>>What format is the data in that you are serving up with geoserver?
>>Shapefile or postgis?
>

> PostGIS 1.0 + PostgrSQL 8.0.3
>  If postgis is your spatial_ref_sys properly populated?
>

> Yes, 2671 records.
>

>>Also, when you created the feature type in geoserver, did your speficy >the
>
> proper SRS?
>
> Yes, SRS 21892
>

>>-Justin
>

> GetCapabilities:
> http://sig.cas.gov.co:9999/geoserver/wms?request=GetCapabilities&service=WMS
> Preview:
> http://sig.cas.gov.co:9999/geoserver/data/generated/sig_dp_departamento.html
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Eduin
>

> Eduin Yesid Carrillo Vega
> [hidden email]
> COLOMBIA

Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project
http://topp.openplans.org

Re: Geoserver & uDIG

Eduin Carrillo
Hi. This is my report about this issue.

Problems happened with GeoServer 1.3.0-RC6. Data in CRS 21892 (Bogota/Bogota)
are is not transformed properly to any other CRS (including 4326 - WGS84).
Problem is related to Geoserver not uDig.

After upgrade to GeoServer 1.3.0-RC7, all data in CRS 21892 is displayed
properly in uDig.

Experimental version Geoserver-1.3.0-RC2-WCS has the same problem.

 --- Justin Deoliveira <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I just built one and have posted it here:
>
> http://dist.codehaus.org/geoserver/gt2-epsg-hsql-2.1.1.jar
>
> Eduin Carrillo wrote:
> >>If you remove gt2-epsg-wkt.jar from the classpath and replace it with
> >>gt2-epsg-hsql.jar and hsql.jar, the hsql CRS authority factory should be
> >>used. It would be interesting to try this experiment to see if that is
> >>what caused the problem.
> >>
> >>Rueben

Eduin Yezid Carrillo Vega
GIS Specialist