Re: [Geotools-devel] Query regarding getting pixel values for a given radius

Re: [Geotools-devel] Query regarding getting pixel values for a given radius

Ian Turton
Please see Earning your support instead of buying it, by Ian Turton: http://www.ianturton.com/talks/foss4g.html#/  for a discussion of how open source works.

Ian

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 09:10, Meena Subramanian <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the response. Could you please share any reference links and what specific api classes from geotools we need to look at, for this use case .

Regards,
Meena

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 14:39, Meena Subramanian <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the response. Could you please share any reference links and what specific api we need to look at for this use case .

Regards,
Meena

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 22:48, Ian Turton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please use the users list for questions about how to use GeoTools.

What you want to do is probably possible. The tricky bits are what projection your tiff is in and that the zipcode (centroids?) are also in a projected coordinate system.

Ian

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 12:09, Meena Subramanian <[hidden email]> wrote:
We are first time users of GeoTools.  Our use case is for a given tif image & radius,  we would like to know if there is possibility in geotools API to get all pixels falling within the radius  ( with zipcode ,distance  which can be 10km,20km or miles from zipcode  as input ) . The output should be pixel values from input geo location to 10kms radius.

Ian Turton

--
Ian Turton