Re: Geotiff and Bigtiff

Frank Warmerdam
Harley Powers Parks wrote:

> Frank: hi. I was checking the listgeo and geotifcp to see if there was a
> version which supported the latest epsg codes.
> But in looking into it, It looks like the epsg codes may not be current.
>
> How current or what version is the epsg database?
>
> I am hoping to utilize epsg codes for the Hawaii state plane coordinate
> system zone 3, NAD83 HARN, units feet
> This was recently added.. I believe April 2008
>
> Is it possible this could be already compiled in?

Harley,

The libgeotiff 1.2.5 release included support .csv files with the EPSG 6.17
definitions.  I'm not sure if that includes your April 2008 definitions or
not.  It might be the version before that.

Note that the .inc files with coordinate system names are from the original
geotiff specification and have not been updated since.  I generally consider
them secondary to the .csv files.

Re: Geotiff and Bigtiff

Frank Warmerdam
Harley Powers Parks wrote:
> Perfect. The epsg 6.15 with the new hawaii codes was released April 15,
> 2008.
>
> Last time, I was able to compile the code.. But little too painful.
> Any chance the listgeo.exe and geotifcp.exe could be updated for
> windows?

Harley,

They are available at part of OSGeo4W or FWTools.

   http://osgeo4w.osgeo.org
   http://fwtools.maptools.org

I'm not in the habit of producing binaries for the libgeotiff project on it's
own these days.