Re: Geoserver-users digest, Vol 1 #395 - 7 msgs

Re: Geoserver-users digest, Vol 1 #395 - 7 msgs

Albrecht Weiser-2
gurlsn> Message: 1
gurlsn> From: David Robison <[hidden email]>
gurlsn> To: [hidden email]
gurlsn> Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 08:30:59 -0500
gurlsn> Subject: [Geoserver-users] Standard Styled Layer Descriptors

gurlsn> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

gurlsn> ------------save-the-trees-84b765b98d89fdf4f765a5e275715821
gurlsn> Content-Type: text/plain;
gurlsn>         charset="us-ascii"
gurlsn> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

gurlsn> Does anyone know of a collection of standard SLD files=3F I'm sure there=
gurlsn>  are many around an I'm not interested in reinventing the wheel if some =
gurlsn> standard files exist.

gurlsn> Thanks, David Robison
gurlsn> ------------save-the-trees-84b765b98d89fdf4f765a5e275715821
gurlsn> Content-Type: text/html;
gurlsn>         charset="us-ascii"
gurlsn> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

gurlsn> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN'>
gurlsn> <html>
gurlsn> <head>
gurlsn>  <meta http-equiv=3D'Content-Type' content=3D'text/html;charset=3Dus-asc=
ii'>>
gurlsn>  <style>BODY{font:10pt Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif;}</style>
gurlsn> </head>
gurlsn> <body>
gurlsn> Does anyone know of a collection of standard SLD files=3F I'm sure there=
gurlsn>  are many around an I'm not interested in reinventing the wheel if some =
gurlsn> ------------save-the-trees-84b765b98d89fdf4f765a5e275715821--

Hi there,
I don't know if it makes much sense, to build "standard"-SLD files
because every project and every layer of a project (and of course
every class of a layer) has its own typical names and therefore you
would also have to rebuild a "standard" SLD. But there exist of course
some little helpers:if you want to generate some SLD-files on the fly,
you can do that with this useful tool:
http://www2.geoinform.fh-mainz.de/arcmap2sldconverter/
it analizes an already styled ArcMap-Project and puts out an SLD-file
which corresponds to the classification and styling of the original
ArcMap-map. Unfortunately it is still only in german language, but the
transformation in english is in process.
best regards

Albrecht Weiser
mailto:[hidden email]