Re: Geonode 2.6.3 Geofence Sync

toni_schoenbuchner
Sear Silvio,

if you use Apache I would also have a look at /var/log/apache2/error.log
Anyways if you raise the geoserver log level problems should show up there.
But let´s take a step back.

_ Do you see any rules within geoserver geofeonce gui?
_ You most likely use the h2 store ? Check write permissions. In case of Postgres as storage are your credentials correct?
_ Have you tried to delete the geofence rules cache?
_ Have you tried testing the endpoint by use of curl?
_ Which behavior do you experience when viewing a layer? – Is the layer loaded when you´re not logged in / logged-in?
_ Are new rules set when you update permissions from the geonode gui?

Hope with this information we can find/solve your problem.

Best regards,

Toni

CSGIS

Kolonnadenstraße 1
04109 Leipzig
Tel  +49/ (0) 341 24 04 738
Fax  +49/ (0) 341 24 04 739

Hinweis gemäß § 33 BDSG
Daten der Verfahrensbeteiligten werden gespeichert. Dieses Dokument ist ausschließlich für den
Adressaten bestimmt. Der Inhalt der E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese E-Mail versehentlich
erhalten haben, rufen Sie uns unter obiger Rufnummer umgehend an und löschen Sie diese Nachricht
von Ihrem Computer. Jegliche Art von Reproduktionen, Verbreitung, Vervielfältigung, Veränderung,
Verteilung und/oder Veröffentlichung dieser E-Mail ist verboten.

Am 30.04.2019 um 09:35 schrieb Sygnetzki, Silvio <[hidden email]>:

Dear Toni,

thank you verry much for your reply.

Double checked those settings but couldn’t find any misconfiguration.

'GEOFENCE_SECURITY_ENABLED' was set to GEOFENCE_SECURITY_ENABLED but setting it hard to True didn’t resolve the issue.
(I did a restart oft he django container after setting it to true and also restartet geoserver)

The uswgi is configured as follows: logto = /var/log/geonode.log

What should I do to raise those loglevels? Is there an other logfile I should dig into?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,

Silvio

<atene_logo_1133be95-9699-480d-b2d9-203a3b08d087.png>

Silvio Sygnetzki
Projektmanager
Anwendungsentwicklung
Tel. +49 30 22183-3516 | Fax +49 30 22183-1199
[hidden email]

atene KOM GmbH
Agentur für Kommunikation, Organisation und Management
Invalidenstr. 91 | 10115 Berlin

www.atenekom.eu | Datenschutzerklärung
Apps | facebook | XING | Twitter

Von: "Sygnetzki, Silvio" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Geonode 2.6.3 Geofence Sync
Datum: 24. April 2019 um 12:28:01 MESZ

Dear all,

I am using Geonode 2.6.3 along with Geoserver 2.9 in an docker environment.
I used the http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/ to get Geonode working.
Authentication as a whole seems to work, I'm able to manually create rules in Geofence and can see the Layers in Geonode.
But changing Layer-Permissions in Geonode are not synced with Geofence. In order to figure out if something is misconfigured, I raised the geoserver Log-Level, but I don't see any changes if I switch the Permissions in Geonode (neither when I use sync_geofence nor when I use fixgeofencerules).

I also tried Geonode 2.6.3 with Geoserver 2.10.x but here the same issue persists.

Could you please assist me?

Warm regards

Silvio

<atene_logo_1133be95-9699-480d-b2d9-203a3b08d087.png>

Re: Geonode 2.6.3 Geofence Sync

ikzte

Hi Toni,

sorry for my late reply. Currently I don't have time to do any tests. A couple of weeks ago I tested the Master branch successfully.

I think I will migrate my setup to the master when I have the time for it.

But to answer some of your questions: Geofence is working when I setup the rules manually. Layers are only loaded for logged in users which have the permissions to see them in geofence (Postgres is used with correct credentials). Only thing which is not working is the rule management out oft he geonode gui.

Thank you verry much for your help.

Best regards

Silvio