Re: Geonetwork v2

acarboni
> > Hi !
> > I just download Version 2, and it seems much faster than v1. Some
> > questions
> > about it ...
> >
> > - I get an error message when adding metadata :
> > "Service not found.
> > Service not found : metadata.add.form "

That service is not supported anymore (it has been removed).
Use the metadata import facility.

Using this facility you can apply a stylesheet when importing
metadata. Write your stylesheet and put it into the
web/xsl/batch-import directory. Then, go to the batch import
admin page and choose your stylesheet from the list.

> > - Table datalocation doesn't exist anymore, ... How to manage
> > overview in v2. I import XML from v1 to v2. Where do I have
> > to put overviews.

This part is under development. You have to wait a while.

> > - French is active but no translation is available. If you need
> > help on that
> > point let me know.

Thanks. We will contact you before the final candidate will be out.

> > Thanks for your help.
> > Francois

Cheers,
Andrea

Re: Geonetwork v2

Jeroen Ticheler-3
Hi Francois,
I'm not sure all your questions were answered so far?
I'll reply to them inline below as far as I can.

On 8 Jun 2005, at 12:18, François Prunayre wrote:

> Hi !
> I just download Version 2, and it seems much faster than v1. Some
> questions
> about it ...
>
> - I get an error message when adding metadata :
> "Service not found.
> Service not found : metadata.add.form "

This function needs updating. The new concept for adding new records
is that you can store metadata as records or as templates. You can
than use the templates you created as the starting point for new
records. You can also duplicate existing metadata records to quickly
create new entries.

We will have to replace the current metadata add function with a
dropdown list showing all the available templates.

Templates use the same privileges mechanism that normal metadata
does, so you can have custom set of templates for the different user
groups.

> - Table datalocation doesn't exist anymore, ... How to manage
> overview in
> v2. I import XML from v1 to v2. Where do I have to put overviews.

Need some work it seems

> - French is active but no translation is available. If you need
> help on that
> point let me know.

Thanks, we just received the Spanish translation and will add that
one. We will add the others as soon as someone does the job or near
the moment we complete most functions so they don't require much
updating in the process. You are welcome to contribute though!

Ciao,
Jeroen

> Thanks for your help.
> Francois

Geonetwork v2 / Remote search

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Hi list, I'm looking forward using the Remote search using v2 ...
I'm always getting this error on localhost :

2005-06-23 14:44:45 | Dispatching : main.search
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |  -> parameters are :
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       remote = on
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       relation = equal
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       attrset = geo
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       profile =
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       extended = on
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       any =
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       themekey =
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       timeout = 10
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       region =
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       abstract =
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       title =
2005-06-23 14:44:45 |       servers = localhost:2105/geonetwork
2005-06-23 14:44:45 | Raised exception while executing service
<error id="error">
  <exception>
    <message>Index: 0 Size: 0</message>
    <string>java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0 Size: 0</string>
    <stack>java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0 Size: 0
        at org.jdom.ContentList.get(ContentList.java:386)
        at org.jdom.ContentList$FilterList.get(ContentList.java:591)
        at
org.fao.geonet.kernel.search.Z3950Searcher.newQuery(Z3950Searcher.java:205)
        at
org.fao.geonet.kernel.search.Z3950Searcher.search(Z3950Searcher.java:48)
        at org.fao.geonet.services.main.Search.exec(Search.java:66)
        at
jeeves.server.dispatchers.ServiceInfo.execService(ServiceInfo.java:93)
        at
jeeves.server.dispatchers.ServiceInfo.execServices(ServiceInfo.java:77)
        at
jeeves.server.dispatchers.ServiceManager.dispatch(ServiceManager.java:309)
        at jeeves.server.JeevesEngine.dispatch(JeevesEngine.java:565)
        at
jeeves.server.sources.http.JeevesServlet.execute(JeevesServlet.java:148)
        at
jeeves.server.sources.http.JeevesServlet.doGet(JeevesServlet.java:78)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:696)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Ap

Any ideas ?
Thanks for your help.

Francois