Re: [Geomoose-users] where to look for errors - Trouble with URLs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Geomoose-users] where to look for errors - Trouble with URLs

Sacha Black
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Fischer, Brian
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sacha,
>
> Your best option will be to use firebug to see what javascript errors it
> is giving you.  If there are no javascript errors, than you will want to
> look at the URL that is being generated to call mapserver to make the
> image.  Those will also show up in firebug under the net tab.  Hope this
> helps,
>
> Brian

--------------------

Thanks Brian,

Firebug is helping me figure things out.

First I had issues with the symbolset and fonts paths, and once that
was sorted, I came to 2 errors that I think are being generated by
GeoMOOSE when it creates the URLs to send to Mapserver. I'm sure I
probably missed something in setup that is causing the problem.

 If anyone has any idea about either of these problems I would be most
grateful for the hints...

sacha

--------------------------------

here is an example of the first error with a regular, local, non-WMS layer:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/geomoose/maps_mydemo/./parks/parks_8bit.map&mapext=-834744.6077081193%20655019.564290853%201608541.8577081193%201224697.755709147&mapsize=965%20225&mode=map&layers=&MOOSETIME=1231371797094

the problem looks like the name of the layer is not being inserted
after "&layers=" .... knowing where to specify this in my GeoMOOSE
setup will help alot, as this is happening for all my local layers. If
it helps, here is the relevant mapfile layer:

LAYER
  NAME  State_Park
  STATUS ON
  TYPE  POLYGON
  LABELITEM "Name"
  DATA "C:/mydata/parks_w_linebreaks.shp"
CLASS
 NAME 'National, State or Local Park'
  STYLE
   COLOR  168 203 150
  END
    label
      type truetype
      antialias true
      font tuffy_bold
      size 7
      position cc
      color 35 73 27
      outlinecolor 255 255 255
      buffer 5
      partials false
      minfeaturesize 100
      wrap "*"
      end
 END
END

---------------------------------------------

I have a second, different problem with the one WMS layer I am trying
to use, that is also a result of a badly formed URL, and in this case
I do not know if the problem is mine or not.

for the following WMS layer:

LAYER
    GROUP "Color Photos 2005"
    NAME "Ortho2005"
    TYPE RASTER
    CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
    STATUS OFF
    TRANSPARENCY 65
    CONNECTION "http://wms.oregonexplorer.info/ImageX/ecw_wms.dll?"
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:2992"
    END
    METADATA
      "wms_srs"             "EPSG:2992"
      "WMS_name"    "2005ORTHOIMAGERY.ECW"
      "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
      "wms_format"          "image/png"
      "wms_transparent"    "TRUE"
      "wms_bgcolor"         "0x000000"
      IMAGEFORMAT "AGGA"
    END
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:2992"
    END
END

GeoMOOSE is creating the following URL which is broken because of the
";" after the "FORMAT=image/png" :

http://wms.oregonexplorer.info/ImageX/ecw_wms.dll?LAYERS=2005ORTHOIMAGERY.ECW&amp;SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/png;SRS=EPSG:2992&BBOX=-834744.6077081193,655019.564290853,1608541.8577081193,1224697.755709147&WIDTH=965&HEIGHT=225&MOOSETIME=1231372918836

This second error seems like it could be a bug in GeoMOOSE, but I
don't know enough to know.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Geomoose-users] where to look for errors - Trouble with URLs

Dan Little
Sacha,

There are two different bugs, can you send the Mapbook fragment defining the WMS service? I think it may have a typo that is putting in the extra semi-colon.

The other problem can be fixed in two ways:
1) Set the layer status to "default."  In GM 1.X this is the typical way of defining a layer.
2) Set the "layers" param in the <map> tag...
<map title="Something" ...>
<file>...</file>

<param name="layers" value="mylayername"/>

</map>


----- Original Message ----

> From: Sacha Black <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:08:29 PM
> Subject: Re: [Geomoose-users] where to look for errors - Trouble with URLs
>
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Fischer, Brian
> wrote:
>
> > Sacha,
> >
> > Your best option will be to use firebug to see what javascript errors it
> > is giving you.  If there are no javascript errors, than you will want to
> > look at the URL that is being generated to call mapserver to make the
> > image.  Those will also show up in firebug under the net tab.  Hope this
> > helps,
> >
> > Brian
>
> --------------------
>
> Thanks Brian,
>
> Firebug is helping me figure things out.
>
> First I had issues with the symbolset and fonts paths, and once that
> was sorted, I came to 2 errors that I think are being generated by
> GeoMOOSE when it creates the URLs to send to Mapserver. I'm sure I
> probably missed something in setup that is causing the problem.
>
> If anyone has any idea about either of these problems I would be most
> grateful for the hints...
>
> sacha
>
> --------------------------------
>
> here is an example of the first error with a regular, local, non-WMS layer:
>
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/geomoose/maps_mydemo/./parks/parks_8bit.map&mapext=-834744.6077081193%20655019.564290853%201608541.8577081193%201224697.755709147&mapsize=965%20225&mode=map&layers=&MOOSETIME=1231371797094
>
> the problem looks like the name of the layer is not being inserted
> after "&layers=" .... knowing where to specify this in my GeoMOOSE
> setup will help alot, as this is happening for all my local layers. If
> it helps, here is the relevant mapfile layer:
>
> LAYER
>   NAME  State_Park
>   STATUS ON
>   TYPE  POLYGON
>   LABELITEM "Name"
>   DATA "C:/mydata/parks_w_linebreaks.shp"
> CLASS
> NAME 'National, State or Local Park'
>   STYLE
>    COLOR  168 203 150
>   END
>     label
>       type truetype
>       antialias true
>       font tuffy_bold
>       size 7
>       position cc
>       color 35 73 27
>       outlinecolor 255 255 255
>       buffer 5
>       partials false
>       minfeaturesize 100
>       wrap "*"
>       end
> END
> END
>
> ---------------------------------------------
>
> I have a second, different problem with the one WMS layer I am trying
> to use, that is also a result of a badly formed URL, and in this case
> I do not know if the problem is mine or not.
>
> for the following WMS layer:
>
> LAYER
>     GROUP "Color Photos 2005"
>     NAME "Ortho2005"
>     TYPE RASTER
>     CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
>     STATUS OFF
>     TRANSPARENCY 65
>     CONNECTION "http://wms.oregonexplorer.info/ImageX/ecw_wms.dll?"
>     PROJECTION
>       "init=epsg:2992"
>     END
>     METADATA
>       "wms_srs"             "EPSG:2992"
>       "WMS_name"        "2005ORTHOIMAGERY.ECW"
>       "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
>       "wms_format"          "image/png"
>       "wms_transparent"        "TRUE"
>       "wms_bgcolor"         "0x000000"
>       IMAGEFORMAT "AGGA"
>     END
>     PROJECTION
>       "init=epsg:2992"
>     END
> END
>
> GeoMOOSE is creating the following URL which is broken because of the
> ";" after the "FORMAT=image/png" :
>
> http://wms.oregonexplorer.info/ImageX/ecw_wms.dll?LAYERS=2005ORTHOIMAGERY.ECW&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/png;SRS=EPSG:2992&BBOX=-834744.6077081193,655019.564290853,1608541.8577081193,1224697.755709147&WIDTH=965&HEIGHT=225&MOOSETIME=1231372918836
>
> This second error seems like it could be a bug in GeoMOOSE, but I
> don't know enough to know.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace.
> It is the best place to buy or sell services for
> just about anything Open Source.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Xq1LFB
> _______________________________________________
> Geomoose-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geomoose-users



     


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Geomoose-users] where to look for errors - Trouble with URLs

Sacha Black
Thanks Dan

those hints did the trick... the problem for the WMS layer was the
"&amp;" typo in the mapbook

and for the parks layer, changing status to DEFAULT did the trick.

now to build a good example for next week's demo....

sacha

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Dan Little <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sacha,
>
> There are two different bugs, can you send the Mapbook fragment defining the WMS service? I think it may have a typo that is putting in the extra semi-colon.
>
> The other problem can be fixed in two ways:
> 1) Set the layer status to "default."  In GM 1.X this is the typical way of defining a layer.
> 2) Set the "layers" param in the <map> tag...
> <map title="Something" ...>
> <file>...</file>
>
> <param name="layers" value="mylayername"/>
>
> </map>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----
>> From: Sacha Black <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:08:29 PM
>> Subject: Re: [Geomoose-users] where to look for errors - Trouble with URLs
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Fischer, Brian
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Sacha,
>> >
>> > Your best option will be to use firebug to see what javascript errors it
>> > is giving you.  If there are no javascript errors, than you will want to
>> > look at the URL that is being generated to call mapserver to make the
>> > image.  Those will also show up in firebug under the net tab.  Hope this
>> > helps,
>> >
>> > Brian
>>
>> --------------------
>>
>> Thanks Brian,
>>
>> Firebug is helping me figure things out.
>>
>> First I had issues with the symbolset and fonts paths, and once that
>> was sorted, I came to 2 errors that I think are being generated by
>> GeoMOOSE when it creates the URLs to send to Mapserver. I'm sure I
>> probably missed something in setup that is causing the problem.
>>
>> If anyone has any idea about either of these problems I would be most
>> grateful for the hints...
>>
>> sacha
>>
>> --------------------------------
>>
>> here is an example of the first error with a regular, local, non-WMS layer:
>>
>> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/geomoose/maps_mydemo/./parks/parks_8bit.map&mapext=-834744.6077081193%20655019.564290853%201608541.8577081193%201224697.755709147&mapsize=965%20225&mode=map&layers=&MOOSETIME=1231371797094
>>
>> the problem looks like the name of the layer is not being inserted
>> after "&layers=" .... knowing where to specify this in my GeoMOOSE
>> setup will help alot, as this is happening for all my local layers. If
>> it helps, here is the relevant mapfile layer:
>>
>> LAYER
>>   NAME  State_Park
>>   STATUS ON
>>   TYPE  POLYGON
>>   LABELITEM "Name"
>>   DATA "C:/mydata/parks_w_linebreaks.shp"
>> CLASS
>> NAME 'National, State or Local Park'
>>   STYLE
>>    COLOR  168 203 150
>>   END
>>     label
>>       type truetype
>>       antialias true
>>       font tuffy_bold
>>       size 7
>>       position cc
>>       color 35 73 27
>>       outlinecolor 255 255 255
>>       buffer 5
>>       partials false
>>       minfeaturesize 100
>>       wrap "*"
>>       end
>> END
>> END
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------
>>
>> I have a second, different problem with the one WMS layer I am trying
>> to use, that is also a result of a badly formed URL, and in this case
>> I do not know if the problem is mine or not.
>>
>> for the following WMS layer:
>>
>> LAYER
>>     GROUP "Color Photos 2005"
>>     NAME "Ortho2005"
>>     TYPE RASTER
>>     CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
>>     STATUS OFF
>>     TRANSPARENCY 65
>>     CONNECTION "http://wms.oregonexplorer.info/ImageX/ecw_wms.dll?"
>>     PROJECTION
>>       "init=epsg:2992"
>>     END
>>     METADATA
>>       "wms_srs"             "EPSG:2992"
>>       "WMS_name"        "2005ORTHOIMAGERY.ECW"
>>       "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
>>       "wms_format"          "image/png"
>>       "wms_transparent"        "TRUE"
>>       "wms_bgcolor"         "0x000000"
>>       IMAGEFORMAT "AGGA"
>>     END
>>     PROJECTION
>>       "init=epsg:2992"
>>     END
>> END
>>
>> GeoMOOSE is creating the following URL which is broken because of the
>> ";" after the "FORMAT=image/png" :
>>
>> http://wms.oregonexplorer.info/ImageX/ecw_wms.dll?LAYERS=2005ORTHOIMAGERY.ECW&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/png;SRS=EPSG:2992&BBOX=-834744.6077081193,655019.564290853,1608541.8577081193,1224697.755709147&WIDTH=965&HEIGHT=225&MOOSETIME=1231372918836
>>
>> This second error seems like it could be a bug in GeoMOOSE, but I
>> don't know enough to know.
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace.
>> It is the best place to buy or sell services for
>> just about anything Open Source.
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Xq1LFB
>> _______________________________________________
>> Geomoose-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geomoose-users
>
>
>
>
>