Re: [GeoNode-devel] The "gsconfig" module thing!

Re: [GeoNode-devel] The "gsconfig" module thing!

xbartolone
Hi Alessio,

+1 to host the new library on the GeoNode organization. Regarding the name, personally, I don’t like it since it cannot be well recognized from a pypi search and in theory might be useful beyond the scope of our project.
Also do you think the new one should be backward compatible for py2? In case not then I would consider to use this library https://github.com/encode/http3, which would be a requests-compatible API, as building block for the new implementation.

Ciao,
Francesco
Il 10 lug 2019, 09:38 +0200, Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>, ha scritto:
Dear GeoNode devs, users,
as you might already know, GeoNode relies on a python library, started by boundless several years ago, called "gsconfig", which basically handles almost all the APIs communication with GeoServer.

Currently, the library seems to be abandoned and messed up.
There are tentatives to make it compliant with Python 3, but the code is full of errors and they do not accept PRs anymore.

With the latest versions of GeoServer, we need to update some API calls. Moreover, very soon, we will need to make this fundamental library compliant with Python 3.

Probably the easiest way would be to fork this library and create a "gsconfig3" or something hosted by the GeoNode github repo.

Any thoughts? Comments or feedbacks?

Alessio.

--

==

==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054 Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.