Re: [GeoNode-devel] GeoNode WorldMap client to be part of GeoNode

Re: [GeoNode-devel] GeoNode WorldMap client to be part of GeoNode

Simo D
Great! Thanks Paolo

I forgot to mention that this client extends the GeoNode serialization
format. Therefore maps whic are created using the WorldMap client will not
be compatible with the default GeoNode client. It should be simple anyway
to write a Django command which converts maps back and forth
best
Paolo
On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 3:14 PM Paolo Corti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear GeoNode users and developers

> Earlier today I sent a pull request [1] vs the 2.7.x GeoNode branch (to
> become GeoNode 2.8.1), which implements this GNIP [2]. This pull request
> introduce the Harvard WorldMap contribute application in GeoNode.

> You can have a full list of the features introduced from the application
at
> [2]. In brief this application introduce a new client, based on an
improved
> version of the GeoExplorer default client, with additional features such
as:

--
Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti
skype: capooti

Simone

Re: [GeoNode-devel] GeoNode WorldMap client to be part of GeoNode

Alessio Fabiani-2
I have taken a look at the PR and it looks good to me.

The module is a contrib module not enabled by default and therefore not affecting the core functionalities at all.

Also there are not schema changes on the GeoNode core. Moreover there are a lot of improvements on translations.

That said, if no other objection. I am +1 on merging the PR and start the release process ASAP.

Let's wait for other feedbacks.

Thanks Paolo!

Thanks Paolo,

Great contribution.

--
Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti
skype: capooti

Simone

==

==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: [GeoNode-devel] GeoNode WorldMap client to be part of GeoNode

Simo D
+1 definitely.