Re: [GeoNetwork-users] Geonetwork 2.8 Branch Widgets Interface

Re: [GeoNetwork-users] Geonetwork 2.8 Branch Widgets Interface

Kumaran Narayanaswamy
Francois,

Thanks . I was able to build using widgets option and when I access the link http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/apps/

I see links like Search Edit etc and when I click on Edit It says not found and Search etc I can see. Is Edit functionality part of this widget interface?

Also is there a way to integrated these widgets interface directly into mainstream geonetwork instead of using /apps etc? Please let me know. Thanks

Regards
Kumaran

Hello Kumaran, usually the widgets interface is available in the apps
folder (ie. http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/apps/). For the configuration
check the WEB-INF/config-gui.xml file [1]. To build the WAR with the
widgets use mvn with the -Pwidgets profile option [2].

Cheers.

Francois

[1]
http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/wiki/proposals/WidgetsBasedGui#Configuration
[2]
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Building-widget-based-UI-td3875582.html

2013/1/3 Kumaran Narayanaswamy <kumaran.narayanaswamy@...>

> Hello,
>
> We downloaded the geonetwork code from 2.8 branch and built the war file
> and we would like to enable the Widgets ExtJS based interface.Is this
> Interface available for all screens especially for the Metadata Editor
> screen.
>
> After deploying we see the default interface.If widget interface is
> available can anyone please help how to enable that? Thanks.
>
> Regards
> Kumaran

Re: [GeoNetwork-users] Geonetwork 2.8 Branch Widgets Interface

Francois Prunayre
Kumaran,

2013/1/4 Kumaran Narayanaswamy <[hidden email]>

> Francois,
>

> Thanks . I was able to build using widgets option and when I access the link http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/apps/
>
> I see links like Search Edit etc and when I click on Edit It says not found and Search etc I can see. Is Edit functionality part of this widget interface?

Yep the metadata editor is part of the widget you could use the tab layout
http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/apps/tabsearch
or the other one
http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/apps/search

> Also is there a way to integrated these widgets interface directly into mainstream geonetwork instead of using /apps etc? Please let me know. Thanks
Once you made the config in config-gui.xml then it will use the widget as the default UI for your catalog and all links should drive you to the widgets UI instead of the main.home page.

HTH.

Francois