Re: GeoNetwork harvesting

Jeroen Ticheler-3
Hi Frederik,
I have tested harvesting from your site and that works also with the
old version! I guess that your problem was related to the privileges
settings. Metadata is now by default NOT visible on the internet and
intranet, you explicitly have to change these for each metadata
(behaviour depends on defaults set in the database and can be
customized to your own wishes, but this is the default behavior).
This also means that if you create a specific group and/or user to be
used by another node for harvesting, only metadata that is visible on
the internet or visible to that specific user will be harvested by
that remote node. Andrea's suggestion to first log on to the website
using the username and pw for that "harvesting" user to see what
comes up can be helpful, although intranet metadata might trouble the
view :-(
Hope this helps.
Ciao,
Jeroen