Re: [GRASS-dev] collecting grass (future) concepts

Re: [GRASS-dev] collecting grass (future) concepts

Markus Neteler-3
[from GRASS-dev list discussion to reduce number of lists]

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 04:36:42PM +1300, Hamish wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > here my candidates for merge/removal:
> >
> > grassgui   GRASSGUI mailing list
> > nvizlist List to discuss GRASS/NVIZ visualization tools
> > sqlgrass GRASS and SQL support
> >

> > If you look at
> > http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/nvizlist/
> > http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassgui/
> > http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/sqlgrass/
> >
> > you can see that they are basically unused. As a first attempt
> > we could simply remove them from
> > http://grass.itc.it/community/support.php
> > to not mislead people (who do not receive answers there).
> >
> > Then I could close them for further subscription but leave
> > the archives alive.
>

> this sounds like a good plan to me,
>

> Hamish

Due to various positive feedbacks:

Done so. It is no longer possible to subscribe to above lists,
they have been removed from the Web site listing of mailing lists.
The archives are still accessible and searchable. I didn't
actively unsubscribe people but would just leave it as-is.

Markus

Re: [GRASS-dev] collecting grass (future) concepts

Maciej Sieczka - old
Markus Neteler wrote:
>> Hamish wrote
> [from GRASS-dev list discussion to reduce number of lists]

>>> Then I could close them for further subscription but leave
>>> the archives alive.

>> this sounds like a good plan to me,

> Due to various positive feedbacks:
>
> Done so.