Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-psc] [Fwd: Re: oracle raster plugin]]]

Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-psc] [Fwd: Re: oracle raster plugin]]]

Hugentobler  Marco
Hi Ivan

> Talking about vector, I downloaded the Stephan Holl's 'oracle-import'
> plugin and I updated his code with the current QGIS architecture and it is
> seams to be working fine. If there is any interest please let us know.

Isn't it possible to load oracle spatial vector layers with the new ogr dialog
in trunk?
If not, would it be an option to extend the ogr vector dialog?

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Institute of Cartography

Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-psc] [Fwd: Re: oracle raster plugin]]]

Ivan Lucena
Marco,

Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Hi Ivan
>
>> Talking about vector, I downloaded the Stephan Holl's 'oracle-import'
>> plugin and I updated his code with the current QGIS architecture and it is
>> seams to be working fine. If there is any interest please let us know.
>
> Isn't it possible to load oracle spatial vector layers with the new ogr dialog
> in trunk?
> If not, would it be an option to extend the ogr vector dialog?

I didn't noticed it before!

Yes it works. The only problem I noticed is when I select a Oracle DB that doesn't have any
sdo_geometry. In that case, after clicking the OK bottom it created a Vector entry on the Layers
tree but there is nothing to be shown.

Otherwise it seams to be working fine at least for reading data.

My best regards,

Ivan