Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest Call for Contributions Open

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest Call for Contributions Open

Veronica Andreo
Hi

I plan to attend and I can help if you want to propose a workshop. What about the OBIA processing chain? I would like to take such a workshop indeed ;)

Personally, I was thinking on offering a TGRASS workshop (as we did in Paris and elsewhere), something like processing and visualization of time series in GRASS. Help is welcome too :)

Cheers,
Vero

El jue., 31 ene. 2019 a las 23:26, Luca Delucchi (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 11:49, Moritz Lennert
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Who else will come to Bucharest ? Anyone willing to (co-)organise a
> workshop ?

I will but I cannot choose the dates yet. I can help to co-organise...

> What topics would users find the most useful for a workshop ?

temporal series
remote sensing
classification

??

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest Call for Contributions Open

Martin Landa
Ciao,

po 4. 2. 2019 v 14:34 odesílatel Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> napsal:
of time series in GRASS. Help is welcome too :)

please count with my help :-) Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest Call for Contributions Open

Moritz Lennert
Hi everyone,

On 4/02/19 14:34, Veronica Andreo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I plan to attend and I can help if you want to propose a workshop. What
> about the OBIA processing chain? I would like to take such a workshop
> indeed ;)
>
> Personally, I was thinking on offering a TGRASS workshop (as we did in
> Paris and elsewhere), something like processing and visualization of
> time series in GRASS. Help is welcome too :)

So, two subjects on the floor:

1) remote sensing/classification which could include the OBIA tool
chain, the pixel based options including machine learning (notably
r.learn.ml) and maybe even something about the deep learning modules
from Ondrej.

2) time series

Should we focus on one workshop and bundle our forces, or should we be
ambitious and offer two workshops ? I'm willing to help with a time
series workshop, but am less familiar with these techniques.

A hands-on OBIA workshop shouldn't be too difficult to put together, but
if we want to integrate the r.learn.ml and the deep learning approaches
I would appreciate some support.

Moritz

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest Call for Contributions Open

Veronica Andreo
Hi everyone,

I think we can manage to propose 2 workshops to show how great GRASS is, no? And the 2 topics  on the table are pretty interesting so, why not?

I plan to propose the time series workshop and everyone interested is invited to jump in :) We have already done similar time series workshops and so there's material we could put together and build on from there for some more innovation. Martin, I count on you then?

However, I'm also pretty interesting in learning more about the OBIA tool chain (and what best way to learn than having to teach!). So, Moritz, count on me, though on a secondary role (sort of field assisstant). Machine learning should be included and deep learning would be a huge plus!!! :) Will you attend the conference, Ondrej?

Let's keep it rolling :)

Vero

El mar., 5 feb. 2019 a las 13:59, Moritz Lennert (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi everyone,

On 4/02/19 14:34, Veronica Andreo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I plan to attend and I can help if you want to propose a workshop. What
> about the OBIA processing chain? I would like to take such a workshop
> indeed ;)
>
> Personally, I was thinking on offering a TGRASS workshop (as we did in
> Paris and elsewhere), something like processing and visualization of
> time series in GRASS. Help is welcome too :)

So, two subjects on the floor:

1) remote sensing/classification which could include the OBIA tool
chain, the pixel based options including machine learning (notably
r.learn.ml) and maybe even something about the deep learning modules
from Ondrej.

2) time series

Should we focus on one workshop and bundle our forces, or should we be
ambitious and offer two workshops ? I'm willing to help with a time
series workshop, but am less familiar with these techniques.

A hands-on OBIA workshop shouldn't be too difficult to put together, but
if we want to integrate the r.learn.ml and the deep learning approaches
I would appreciate some support.

Moritz

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest Call for Contributions Open

Ondřej Pešek
Fr 8. 2. 2019 15:27 Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Will you attend the conference, Ondrej?

Yes.

On 8/02/19 18:03, Ondřej Pešek wrote:
> Fr 8. 2. 2019 15:27 Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Will you attend the conference, Ondrej?
>

> Yes.

And would you be willing to participate in the organisation of a remote
sensing workshop in which we present the OBIA toolchain, but also your
deep learning modules ?

Moritz

so 9. 2. 2019 v 5:49 odesílatel Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> napsal:
On 8/02/19 18:03, Ondřej Pešek wrote:
> Fr 8. 2. 2019 15:27 Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Will you attend the conference, Ondrej?
>

> Yes.

And would you be willing to participate in the organisation of a remote
sensing workshop in which we present the OBIA toolchain, but also your
deep learning modules ?

I may try something. Unfortunatelly, only for the detection module I think. Because a workshop for the training module would take a few days to train a model.