Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Travel Grant Programme is open for applications from LOCs

Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Travel Grant Programme is open for applications from LOCs

Elizabeth Lomani
Hi John,
I'd like to work with TGP if there is still space

Thank
Elizabeth

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020, 5:25 PM John Bryant, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Greg! Looking forward to working with you on another successful TGP.

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 at 18:07, Greg Lauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am happy to continue assisting with TGP in 2020

On 28 Feb 2020, at 00:27, John Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

See below, OSGeo has issued a call for applications for local Travel Grant Program funding support for 2020. FOSS4G SotM Oceania has been a recipient of this funding to support our TGP for the last 2 years, and I think we should ask for support again for this year's event in Fiji. The deadline for applications is 31 March, so that gives us about *4 weeks* to get ourselves organised. See last year's application for reference [1].

I think the first step here is to activate a TGP working group. In 2019 the working group had a couple of changes over the year, but in the end we had 4 of us (me, Greg Lauer, Jonah Sulivan, and David Garcia). The working group did the work of finding funding, setting criteria, issuing the call for applications, pulling together a selection panel, making selections, and working closely with grantees to make sure they have a great experience. It's quite a bit of work, but hugely gratifying and a very effective way to knit together our community across a huge region.

So, who can commit to working on this important project over the next 9 months? We should aim to have at least 3 or 4 people who are willing to oversee this program and put in some time on making sure it's a success.

Cheers
John

Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Travel Grant Programme is open for applications from LOCs

Emma Hain
Sorry John
I won't be able to offer my services in this group.

Thanks

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 4:24 PM John Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Liz, will be great to have you on board :)