Re: FOSS4G-Oceania Digest, Vol 10, Issue 10

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G-Oceania Digest, Vol 10, Issue 10

Tania Hibbard-Nitz
Hi Daniel

I sent out a brief outline of my interest for the Local & Logistics Lead
yesterday.  Although not quite sure what happened with the subject heading.
Thanks
Tania Hibbard-Nitz

-----Original Message-----
From: FOSS4G-Oceania <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of
[hidden email]
Sent: Monday, 18 March 2019 10:04 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: FOSS4G-Oceania Digest, Vol 10, Issue 10

Send FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list submissions to
        [hidden email]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        [hidden email]

You can reach the person managing the list at
        [hidden email]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of FOSS4G-Oceania digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re: FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 Committee Roles (Daniel Silk)
   2. Re: FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 Committee Roles (adam steer)
   3. Re: FOSS4G-Oceania Digest, Vol 10, Issue 1 (Tania Hibbard-Nitz)
   4. OSGeo Oceania as a not-for-profit entity? Your feedback,
      please (John Bryant)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 13:10:21 +1300
From: Daniel Silk <[hidden email]>
To: John Bryant <[hidden email]>
Cc: foss4g-oceania <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 Committee Roles
Message-ID:
        <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Thanks to all who have participated in this process and discussion.

I am pleased to appoint the following people:

- Program Lead: Adam Steer
- Good Mojo Lead: Kim Fitter
- Design & Communications Lead: Dionne Hansen
- Sponsorship Lead: Ed Neerhut

Thank you for putting your hands up to help out. :-)

That leaves the Local & Logistics Lead vacant. Tania Hibbard-Nitz has
pencilled her name down for that role - just waiting on some news before she
can commit.

A few people have noted the lack of kiwis currently involved in the program
area. I'm sure we'll be able to get organisers with a local perspective
involved in specific aspects of the program as we progress. It's a pretty
daunting lead role to take on for anyone that is completely new to this, so
I'm grateful to have those with experience from last year to take it on and
provide support within that subcommittee.

If all leads could have a look at the timeline
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uofa8B9C4Y70vvHmAzzR0zhYDCOmVRjFxw9oH2SjAis/>,
work out what their next steps are and add / amend as required, that'd be
great prep for our Thursday meeting.

Cheers
Daniel

PS. Gmail flagged Kim's reply to this thread as spam for me - if anyone else
missed it, check your Spam folder!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss4g-oceania/attachments/20190318/6a761fdc/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:30:25 +1100
From: adam steer <[hidden email]>
To: Daniel Silk <[hidden email]>
Cc: John Bryant <[hidden email]>, foss4g-oceania
        <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 Committee Roles
Message-ID:
        <CAFORoygaOgRtG9CgxO=+[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Thanks Daniel

..and I'm sorry Kim, gmail sent your response to spam for me also and now it’s
gone :/

re. lack of kiwis - in the spirit of 'if you think something needs to be
done differently say so, AND always say how you’d do it differently’: if you
noted the lack of kiwis in program organising and are a kiwi, drop me a line
and come on board. It’s not my show, it's yours! (or the community’s).

...as per my ‘risks’ section - you may end up running the show! So it’s also
great to have Alex offer to help.

I’m an apology for Thursday, sorry - but I’ll look at the timeline
beforehand.

Cheers

Adam








On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 11:10, Daniel Silk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks to all who have participated in this process and discussion.
>
> I am pleased to appoint the following people:
>
> - Program Lead: Adam Steer
> - Good Mojo Lead: Kim Fitter
> - Design & Communications Lead: Dionne Hansen
> - Sponsorship Lead: Ed Neerhut
>
> Thank you for putting your hands up to help out. :-)
>
> That leaves the Local & Logistics Lead vacant. Tania Hibbard-Nitz has
> pencilled her name down for that role - just waiting on some news
> before she can commit.
>
> A few people have noted the lack of kiwis currently involved in the
> program area. I'm sure we'll be able to get organisers with a local
> perspective involved in specific aspects of the program as we progress.
> It's a pretty daunting lead role to take on for anyone that is
> completely new to this, so I'm grateful to have those with experience
> from last year to take it on and provide support within that subcommittee.
>
> If all leads could have a look at the timeline
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uofa8B9C4Y70vvHmAzzR0zhYDCOmV
> RjFxw9oH2SjAis/>, work out what their next steps are and add / amend
> as required, that'd be great prep for our Thursday meeting.
>
> Cheers
> Daniel
>
> PS. Gmail flagged Kim's reply to this thread as spam for me - if
> anyone else missed it, check your Spam folder!
>
> _______________________________________________
> FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
>


--
Dr. Adam Steer
http://spatialised.net
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer
http://au.linkedin.com/in/adamsteer
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0046-7236
+61 427 091 712
skype: adam.d.steer
tweet: @adamdsteer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss4g-oceania/attachments/20190318/4ce16009/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 15:08:04 +1300
From: Tania Hibbard-Nitz <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G-Oceania Digest, Vol 10, Issue 1
Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Hi all

Below is a brief outline of why I have put my name forward for one of the
areas.

1. The area you're interested in leading Local and Logistics Lead


2. Why it interests you and what you'll bring to the organisation effort
Geospatial Open Source has been a major influence in my life over the last
10 years.  My husband also has over 30 years with spatial solutions.
Having previously part-owned a spatial business which we sold a couple of
years ago and recently set up another spatial business focusing on
geospatial open source solutions, logistics have been a key factor in both
businesses.

Being an accountant with continuous improvement experience has also required
me to discuss and provide the most efficient way forward for internal and
external stakeholders not only for financial improvement but also for
process and system improvement.

I found participating in the FOSS4G-Ocenia conference in Melbourne last year
overseeing the volunteers, these tasks within this area were closely aligned
to ensuring that things ran smoothly on the day.
Having assisted or independently organising conferences, events or training
sessions in the past, I found and continue to find this challenging and
enjoyable as one of the key goals is to ensure that attendees have a great
experience and that there are minimal disruptions internally.


3. If there are any responsibilities that you're uncertain about No issues
at this time.  I would however touch base with those that undertook these
tasks last year to identify what worked and what did not work.
If unsure of anything further down the track, I will ask for feedback from
the group.

Thanks
Tania Hibbard-Nitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:50:27 +1300
From: Daniel Silk <[hidden email]>
To: foss4g-oceania <[hidden email]>
Subject: [FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 Committee Roles
Message-ID:
        <CAEJeMYwTP6=F=oe56Eit8CQYMKaODv76h=5fcyi4aBc19j=[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Hi all

As mentioned at the FOSS4G SotM Oceania meeting yesterday, if you have
self-nominated for a Lead position in the Committee Roles and
Responsibilities
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AHj2aCiIw6Uu_HLjAshDDX5iBA9tIzn6Wd9XgtTc9vg>
doc,
please send through a short response containing:

1. The area you're interested in leading 2. Why it interests you and what
you'll bring to the organisation effort 3. If there are any responsibilities
that you're uncertain about

Let's take nominations until Friday 15 March. If multiple people are
interested in the same role, we'll hold a vote using Election Buddy and
appoint based on the result of that vote.

Then soon after 15 March, we'll have our leads and a shiny new logo. See the
timeline
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uofa8B9C4Y70vvHmAzzR0zhYDCOmVRjFxw9oH2SjAis>
.

Thanks, and have a great weekend.

Daniel


------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 17:01:10 +0800
From: John Bryant <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email], foss4g-oceania
        <[hidden email]>,  [hidden email],
        talk-nz <[hidden email]>,  OSM Australian Talk List
        <[hidden email]>,
        [hidden email]
Subject: [FOSS4G-Oceania] OSGeo Oceania as a not-for-profit entity?
        Your feedback, please
Message-ID:
        <CAHY5hn-=XHG4VDh=[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Hi all,

As promised, following on the heels of the successful FOSS4G SotM Oceania
conference <https://foss4g-oceania.org/> in November 2018, we have embarked
on a journey to lay down a strong foundation for the growth of this
community. In addition to planning a new instance of the conference in
Wellington, New Zealand, for November 2019, we are also doing significant
ground work on establishing a not-for-profit that can manage funds, enter
into agreements, and act as a local chapter of OSGeo and OSMF.

We have developed a recommendation for an initial path forward, and we'd
like you, the community, to provide your feedback. If you have experience or
knowledge here, and can provide insight, or wish to contribute your
thoughts, please chime in. Your comments are most welcome, and can be
provided by responding to this email, or by commenting in the Google Doc.

The draft recommendation is attached as a PDF, and a live Google Doc version
is linked here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LCoaNY9xACkpE_E1pTn3pGkNV41rqmoK5QkKl2FAfwY/edit?usp=sharing>.
We will take input until the end of next week (29 March). At that point,
we'll make adjustments where warranted, and hopefully be in a position to
raise a motion to the OSGeo Oceania board to accept the recommendation, and
begin the process.

If this is all new to you, and you're wondering what the heck OSGeo Oceania
even is, please check out this basic wiki page
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania> that will give you a bit of
background. We'll be fleshing this out in the coming months, but I hope it
gives you enough of an idea. We will certainly be aiming to increase our
outreach, and get people involved from across the region.

Any questions, please ask!

Cheers
John Bryant
on behalf of OSGeo Oceania
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss4g-oceania/attachments/20190318/90fbf1d4/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Proposal for Entity Structure.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 109872 bytes
Desc: not available
URL:
<http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss4g-oceania/attachments/20190318/90fbf1d4/attachment.pdf>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania


------------------------------

End of FOSS4G-Oceania Digest, Vol 10, Issue 10
**********************************************
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania