Re: FOSS4G Europe 2018

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello,

sorry, that I did not answer yet. I am lloking forward to FOSS4G Europe
and will be there for the whole week an can support you where needed.

Am 2018-01-17 18:00, schrieb Jorge Gustavo Rocha:

> Hi Astrid, hi all,
>
> Luis de Sousa already sent some feedback. Let me add some more
> details/requests, with no special order or importance.
>
> 1. We have a mailing list for the LOC [hidden email]. Who
> wants to joins us, please reply and I will add it to the list. The same
> for our "kanban" based board, available at
> https://wekan.osgeopt.pt/b/SJBkaBzg5mMmJT2kh/foos4g-europe-2018
> Probably we should made the board available to all (read only), but
> meanwhile I can add more people to it.
>
> 2. We have a Wordpress based website up and running. The information to
> the public is minimal, right now. The web site is available at:
> https://foss4g-europe.osgeopt.pt/
>
> 2.1 We need help to have https://europe.foss4g.org/2018 pointing to it.

https://europe.foss4g.org/ -> still redirects to
https://europe.foss4g.org/2017
https://europe.foss4g.org/2018 not available

Do you have a contact person to help? You should ask SAC.

> 2.1 This week we will release the registration and submission forms
> (except for the academic track). We are just finishing the payment
> process for the registration. Right now we can receive payments by bank
> transfer and PayPal. Joana Simões also suggested bitcoins and we are
> waiting for her help on this.
>
> 3. Links on OSGeo: done! (thanks for the pointers)
>
> * https://www.osgeo.org/events/
> * https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Sponsorship_Opportunities_2018

Looks good.

> 4. Sponsorship
>
> We need help on this!
>
> Pedro Pereira already started a document, but we need someone else to
> review it and check the values and the return to sponsors.
>
> The document is available at:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZQLZk3diGUcK68Jeq6a7CrFXxP0_88ADPmFteTrKpyE/edit?usp=sharing

Here you find the press release for OSGeo Code Sprint 2018 Bonn
sponsoring and a pdf to encourage for sponsoring:
https://www.fossgis.de/node/305
https://www.fossgis.de/sites/default/files/Sponsoring_OSGeo_Code_Sprint_2018_Bonn_en_0.pdf

> 5. Communication (our current bottleneck)
>
> We need to start publishing some news about the event. Joana is taking
> care of this and she will need the foss4ge twitter account, for sure.

Looks like this is done.

https://twitter.com/foss4ge

You can start with some tweets. Maybe refer to your event page and start
of submission/registration.
Please use  #FOSS4GE and #OSGeo

If you need help. I can support you with tweets during the conference.

> 6. Git repository
>
> Thanks for the pointer to git. We will use it.
>
> 7. Face to face meeting
>
> On Fev. 3rd, we will meet at the "crime scene". Flights to Oporto are
> cheap (from Bonn, for example). If someone wants to come, we will do
> everything to support/help.

Urg - missed that. Hope you had a good meeting.

> 8. Invited speakers
>
> We need for good suggestions for invited speakers. Minimum 3 (one for
> each day), but we can have 6. We need names :-)
>
> 9. Code sprint
>
> I would like to ask Astrid help on this. We have nice conditions to run
> the code sprint, but we don't know how important it is, since there are
> also other sprints happening. We should discuss this code sprint in
> more
> detail. If Astrid is able to support us in this issue, it would be
> awesome.

Looks like many code sprint are taking place in 2018.

We discussed about calling it community sprint in the future. Maybe if
many students are around it could have more charcter of a workshop day.

> As I said, we are finishing the online forms this week. Monday we can
> start spreading the word about the event.

OSGeo Material
* we are working on printing sticker, roll-ups, flyer ... maybe you can
take some of the material to PT from Bonn Code Sprint or I can send it
to you. Please tell me how much material you will need +-

Looking forward to the event.

Astrid

> Regards,
>
> Gustavo
>

> On 16-01-2018 18:18, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
>> Hello Gustavo,
>>
>> I wonder whether there is any news about FOSS4G-Europe 2018. Maybe I
>> only missed it.
>>
>> The following information I got from the proposal:
>>
>> Guimarães (Portugal) 17-19 of July, 2018 + workshops in the days
>> before
>> the event.
>>
>> OSGeo Board is planning the events for 2018 and FOSS4G-Europe 2018 is
>> not listed there yet.
>>
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Sponsorship_Opportunities_2018
>>
>> Do you have a timeline?
>>
>> When will you webside be available? https://europe.foss4g.org/2018
>>
>> Please add an OSGeo event https://www.osgeo.org/events/
>>
>> You can use twitter to promote your event: https://twitter.com/foss4ge
>>
>> Note that you can use https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/foss4g-europe/ for
>> your file archive.
>>
>> If you need any help feel free to ask.
>>
>> Astrid
>
> J. Gustavo

Re: FOSS4G Europe 2018

Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Hi Astrid,

Thank you for your support. I'll be in Bonn next month and we can review
the details related FOSS4G-Europe Code Sprint there.

See you soon,

Jorge Gustavo

J. Gustavo
--