Re: [FOSS4G-Africa-private] UN GIS Hackathon

Re: [FOSS4G-Africa-private] UN GIS Hackathon

Massimiliano Cannata
Thanks Gavin for the plans and budget forward (it clarified me a lot) and thanks Ki-Joune for the suggestions.

I believe the important is that the Hackaton produce some tangible outputs that are useful for the UN OpenGIS inintiative.

While porting in one day GeoTools/uDig to QGIS looked very difficult, the suggested options of OSM and geoAnalyses looks very feasible.

Best,
maxi

I forwarded to Maxi the mail I sent to most of this list on 4 April in which I outlined plans and budget.

On 12 Apr 2017, at 09:08, Massimiliano Cannata <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Gavin and loc committee,
could you please recap the amount you are requesting from the UN budget and for what activity?

This is to better understand, since the UN committee money are allocate for UN Hackatons.
So, sprint code and conference invited speakers is out of scope.

Thanks for clarifying this aspect.

Best,
Maxi

My proposed alternative is:
use part of the money to invite a QGIS programmer expert that can guide the developments.

Alternatively lower the barrier and do something on documentation, website development or similar...

Il 12 apr 2017 7:38 AM, "Maria Antonia Brovelli" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Maxi, please, will you propose also  an alternative? What can be done in your opinion? Many thanks!!!!
Good day,
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net