Re: Display of INSPIRE categories on homepage

Re: Display of INSPIRE categories on homepage

Jo Cook
Hi Jose,

I'm still seeing this as a problem, in both Geonetwork 3.2 (3.2.2-67-dirty)
and 3.4 (3.4.1-177-dirty). In both cases I have the correct INSPIRE Themes
Thesaurus, the Search tab correctly shows the INSPIRE label rather than the
URL, I've reindexed the records, cleared the cache etc but the front page
still shows just the icon and not the label. It's working fine in 3.0.5
with the same thesaurus. In the log file for 3.2 I am seeing error messages
like:

2018-04-24 09:29:37,771 ERROR [geonetwork.thesaurus] - Term not found:
http://rdfdata.eionet.europa.eu/inspirethemes/themes/3

I've checked that this entry is definitely present in the thesaurus.

Thanks

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For urgent
our office on 01372 744009

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey,
KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com
<http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: Display of INSPIRE categories on homepage

Landry Breuil-2
On 4/24/18 12:15 PM, Jo Cook wrote:

> Hi Jose,
>
> I'm still seeing this as a problem, in both Geonetwork 3.2 (3.2.2-67-dirty)
> and 3.4 (3.4.1-177-dirty). In both cases I have the correct INSPIRE Themes
> Thesaurus, the Search tab correctly shows the INSPIRE label rather than the
> URL, I've reindexed the records, cleared the cache etc but the front page
> still shows just the icon and not the label. It's working fine in 3.0.5
> with the same thesaurus. In the log file for 3.2 I am seeing error messages
> like:
>
> 2018-04-24 09:29:37,771 ERROR [geonetwork.thesaurus] - Term not found:
> http://rdfdata.eionet.europa.eu/inspirethemes/themes/3
>
> I've checked that this entry is definitely present in the thesaurus.

Fwiw, using 3.4.1 we're several in the georchestra community to
experience the same issue, and digging in the code i havent been able to
figure out where it was coming from.

The /q service populating search results returns json without @label
attribute for the inspireThemes section, which seems to be the reason no
text is displayed:

inspireThemes […]
0 {…}
@count 2
@name Administrative units
1 {…}
@count 8
@name Adresses

if you set geonetwork.thesaurus logging to DEBUG you have a single more
line for earch 'Term not found' ERROR:

2018-09-27 15:46:33,070 DEBUG [geonetwork.thesaurus] - Query : SELECT
DISTINCT id,uppc,lowc,eng_prefLabel,eng_note FROM {id} rdf:type
{skos:Concept},[{id} gml:BoundedBy {} gml:upperCorner {uppc}],[{id}
gml:BoundedBy {} gml:lowerCorner {lowc}],[{id} skos:prefLabel
{eng_prefLabel} WHERE lang(eng_prefLabel) LIKE "en" IGNORE CASE],[{id}
skos:scopeNote {eng_note} WHERE lang(eng_note) LIKE "en" IGNORE CASE]
WHERE id LIKE "http://rdfdata.eionet.europa.eu/inspirethemes/themes/21"
USING NAMESPACE
skos=<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#>,gml=<http://www.opengis.net/gml#>
2018-09-27 15:46:33,072 ERROR [geonetwork.thesaurus] - Term not found:
http://rdfdata.eionet.europa.eu/inspirethemes/themes/21

That seems to be some sql/xpath-like queries (syntax coming from
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/fao/geonet/kernel/rdf/Selectors.java#L37
?) in the thesaurus that fails to resolve the keyword id, but we're all
using the same inspire-theme.rdf source it seems....

Landry

On 9/27/18 4:05 PM, Landry Breuil wrote:

> On 4/24/18 12:15 PM, Jo Cook wrote:
>> Hi Jose,
>>
>> I'm still seeing this as a problem, in both Geonetwork 3.2
>> (3.2.2-67-dirty)
>> and 3.4 (3.4.1-177-dirty). In both cases I have the correct INSPIRE
>> Themes
>> Thesaurus, the Search tab correctly shows the INSPIRE label rather
>> than the
>> URL, I've reindexed the records, cleared the cache etc but the front page
>> still shows just the icon and not the label. It's working fine in 3.0.5
>> with the same thesaurus. In the log file for 3.2 I am seeing error
>> messages
>> like:
>>
>> 2018-04-24 09:29:37,771 ERROR [geonetwork.thesaurus] - Term not found:
>> http://rdfdata.eionet.europa.eu/inspirethemes/themes/3
>>
>> I've checked that this entry is definitely present in the thesaurus.
>
> Fwiw, using 3.4.1 we're several in the georchestra community to
> experience the same issue, and digging in the code i havent been able to
> figure out where it was coming from.
>
> The /q service populating search results returns json without @label
> attribute for the inspireThemes section, which seems to be the reason no
> text is displayed:
>
> inspireThemes    […]
> 0    {…}
> @count    2
> @name    Administrative units
> 1    {…}
> @count    8
> @name    Adresses
>
> if you set geonetwork.thesaurus logging to DEBUG you have a single more
> line for earch 'Term not found' ERROR:
>
> 2018-09-27 15:46:33,070 DEBUG [geonetwork.thesaurus] - Query : SELECT
> DISTINCT id,uppc,lowc,eng_prefLabel,eng_note FROM {id} rdf:type
> {skos:Concept},[{id} gml:BoundedBy {} gml:upperCorner {uppc}],[{id}
> gml:BoundedBy {} gml:lowerCorner {lowc}],[{id} skos:prefLabel
> {eng_prefLabel} WHERE lang(eng_prefLabel) LIKE "en" IGNORE CASE],[{id}
> skos:scopeNote {eng_note} WHERE lang(eng_note) LIKE "en" IGNORE CASE]
> WHERE id LIKE "http://rdfdata.eionet.europa.eu/inspirethemes/themes/21"
> USING NAMESPACE
> skos=<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#>,gml=<http://www.opengis.net/gml#>
>
> 2018-09-27 15:46:33,072 ERROR [geonetwork.thesaurus] - Term not found:
> http://rdfdata.eionet.europa.eu/inspirethemes/themes/21
>
> That seems to be some sql/xpath-like queries (syntax coming from
> https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/fao/geonet/kernel/rdf/Selectors.java#L37
> ?) in the thesaurus that fails to resolve the keyword id, but we're all
> using the same inspire-theme.rdf source it seems....

And the strange thing is, if i leave geonetwork.thesaurus on DEBUG and
query the thesaurus via the API for the same keyword uri, the same
request returns a keyword definition:

/srv/api/0.1/registries/vocabularies/search?lang=en&pLang=eng&thesaurus=external.theme.inspire-theme&uri=http%3A%2F%2Frdfdata.eionet.europa.eu%2Finspirethemes%2Fthemes%2F21

yields the same rdf query in the log:
2018-09-28 09:16:40,099 DEBUG [geonetwork.thesaurus] - Query : SELECT
DISTINCT id,uppc,lowc,eng_prefLabel,eng_note FROM {id} rdf:type
{skos:Concept},[{id} gml:BoundedBy {} gml:upperCorner {uppc}],[{id}
gml:BoundedBy {} gml:lowerCorner {lowc}],[{id} skos:prefLabel
{eng_prefLabel} WHERE lang(eng_prefLabel) LIKE "en" IGNORE CASE],[{id}
skos:scopeNote {eng_note} WHERE lang(eng_note) LIKE "en" IGNORE CASE]
WHERE id LIKE "http://rdfdata.eionet.europa.eu/inspirethemes/themes/21"
LIMIT 1000 USING NAMESPACE
skos=<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#>,gml=<http://www.opengis.net/gml#>

and returns valid info:

[
   {
     "values": {
       "eng": "Production and industrial facilities"
     },
     "definitions": {
       "eng": "Industrial production sites, including installations
covered by Council Directive 96/61/EC of 24 September 1996 concerning
integrated pollution prevention and control (1) and water abstraction
facilities, mining, storage sites."
     },
     "coordEast": "",
     "coordWest": "",
     "coordSouth": "",
     "coordNorth": "",
     "thesaurusKey": "external.theme.inspire-theme",
     "uri": "http://rdfdata.eionet.europa.eu/inspirethemes/themes/21",
     "definition": "Industrial production sites, including installations
covered by Council Directive 96/61/EC of 24 September 1996 concerning
integrated pollution prevention and control (1) and water abstraction
facilities, mining, storage sites.",
     "value": "Production and industrial facilities"
   }
]

so maybe something in the codepaths between where the query is done and
where the 'term is not found' exception bails out on this content. Mixup
between iso codes with eng/en ?

--
Landry Breuil
Administrateur de données du CRAIG

Centre Régional Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes de l'Information Géographique
Bât. du CRRI - Campus des Cézeaux
7 avenue Blaise Pascal - CS 60026
63178 Aubière

https://www.craig.fr - @GipCraig

On 9/28/18 9:19 AM, Landry Breuil wrote:

> On 9/27/18 4:05 PM, Landry Breuil wrote:
>> On 4/24/18 12:15 PM, Jo Cook wrote:
>>> Hi Jose,
>>>
>>> I'm still seeing this as a problem, in both Geonetwork 3.2
>>> (3.2.2-67-dirty)
>>> and 3.4 (3.4.1-177-dirty). In both cases I have the correct INSPIRE
>>> Themes
>>> Thesaurus, the Search tab correctly shows the INSPIRE label rather
>>> than the
>>> URL, I've reindexed the records, cleared the cache etc but the front
>>> page
>>> still shows just the icon and not the label. It's working fine in 3.0.5
>>> with the same thesaurus. In the log file for 3.2 I am seeing error
>>> messages
>>> like:
>>>
>>> 2018-04-24 09:29:37,771 ERROR [geonetwork.thesaurus] - Term not found:
>>> http://rdfdata.eionet.europa.eu/inspirethemes/themes/3
>>>
>>> I've checked that this entry is definitely present in the thesaurus.
>>
>> Fwiw, using 3.4.1 we're several in the georchestra community to
>> experience the same issue, and digging in the code i havent been able
>> to figure out where it was coming from.
After adding some debug statements (ie printing the exception message in
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/fao/geonet/kernel/search/TermUriTranslator.java#L91)
i figured out that the keyword lookup happened in the wrong thesaurus...

in my geonetwork datadir, i had inspire-theme.rdf &
inspire-service-taxonomy.rdf installed, and both had the same value for
the skos:ConceptScheme key (ie
http://geonetwork-opensource.org/inspire-theme) - once i had set a
different unique URI for inspire-service-taxonomy.rdf and restarted
geonetwork, the inspire themes properly display on geonetwork homepage.

Phew, that was a tricky one.