Re: Cartolab publishes OpenCADTools 0.2 and gvSIG-EIEL 1.0 Beta

Re: Cartolab publishes OpenCADTools 0.2 and gvSIG-EIEL 1.0 Beta

Benjamin Ducke
Dear Francisco,

this extension adds some functions that I have been missing for a long
time. Great work. Thanks for this!

I have tested your extension a little bit and have some comments:

All in all, I think the tools work very well and are intuitive to use.

I think the following needs some work:
- the "Last vertex erase" mode is active after installation of the extension,
  even though the corresponding option box is not ticked on the settings page
- the ESC key does not inactivate the icon of the last used tool; the icon
  remains active even though the user is in selection mode
- last vertex erase will not erase the very first vertex that the user
  digitized (I think it should, because that one could also have been
  misplaced)

And some suggested usage improvements:
- I would like to have both the right-mouse button context menu available while
  digitizing and be able to erase the last vertex why not put "Undo vertex" into
  the right-mouse button context menu, as well?
- Perhaps the "follow geometry" and "snapper" modes could also be toggled from
  within the right-mouse button context menu while editing? That would save the
  user mouse movement across the screen.
- in icons bar and menu: sort "multi-polygon" after "regular polygon"

... and here is my special wish: let the user dynamically enable/disable "follow geometry"
while digitizing. MapInfo uses the SHIFT key: toggles it ON when shift key is pressed,
OFF when shift key is released. I really used to like that behaviour.

Thanks again for your hard work on this!

Best wishes,

Benjamin

Re: Cartolab publishes OpenCADTools 0.2 and gvSIG-EIEL 1.0 Beta

Andrés Maneiro
Hello Benjamin,

On 28/02/11 21:48, Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> I think the following needs some work:
> - the "Last vertex erase" mode is active after installation of the extension,
>    even though the corresponding option box is not ticked on the settings page
> - the ESC key does not inactivate the icon of the last used tool; the icon
>    remains active even though the user is in selection mode
> - last vertex erase will not erase the very first vertex that the user
>    digitized (I think it should, because that one could also have been
>    misplaced)

see the progress of the bugs you reported here:

-
http://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=15079&group_id=194&atid=727
-
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=15078&group_id=194&atid=727
-
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=15077&group_id=194&atid=727

best,
amaneiro

Re: Cartolab publishes OpenCADTools 0.2 and gvSIG-EIEL 1.0 Beta

Benjamin Ducke
Excellent. Thanks for taking care of these.

Ben

------
Files attached to this email may be in ISO 26300 format (OASIS Open Document Format). If you have difficulty opening them, please visit http://iso26300.info for more information.

Re: Cartolab publishes OpenCADTools 0.2 and gvSIG-EIEL 1.0 Beta

Javier Estévez-2
Hello Benjamin,

I'm trying to fix those bugs. I have a question for you to be sure I'm
on the right approach: on the third bug, erasing the first vertex,
I've detected this bug in Polyline and Auto Complete Polygon. Have you
noticed this behaviour in any other tool?

I think I've solved the second one and I'm trying to reproduce the
first one, but it doesn't happen on my installation. I think it
happens on Fran's (Francisco Puga), so I'll investigate it :)

Best,
Javi

2011/3/1 Benjamin Ducke <[hidden email]>:

> Excellent. Thanks for taking care of these.
>
> Ben

Javier Estévez Valiñas
Grupo de Desarrollo
Cartolab - Laboratorio de Ingeniería Cartográfica
http://www.cartolab.es

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493

Re: Cartolab publishes OpenCADTools 0.2 and gvSIG-EIEL 1.0 Beta

Benjamin Ducke
Hi Javi,

as far as I can see, there are only five tools where
it is important for the user to have "undo vertex"
working well:

1. Polyline
2. Multi-polyline
3. Multiarea