Re: [Board] [vote] Allocate $2000 for TGP Oceania

Re: [Board] [vote] Allocate $2000 for TGP Oceania

Till Adams-3

Hi John,

from my side I'd like to state, that this is a wonderful example on how our comunity works. Of course, we know these kind of TGP for some years for the global conference, but AFAIK you are the first local chapter, that runs such a program and receives support from the OSGeo side!

Congratulations!

In general I would appreciate, if you could publish your procedure and your experiences around your TGP after your event. This might help others setting up a TGP and of course will encourage others to follow!

Thanks, Till

Am 19.09.2018 um 08:20 schrieb John Bryant:
Wonderful news!! Thanks so much for expediting this, and giving us the support. We're very much looking forward to helping 8 deserving people make it to Melbourne, with your help. Also, looking forward to sharing what we learn. Adam Steer will be in a great position to offer his direct experience to the TGP policy development.

Cheers!
John

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 16:13, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning!

As Jody pointed, motion passed, green light to TGP Oceania :)

https://www.loomio.org/p/rTj2Z7qM/allocate-2000-for-tgp-in-foss4g-oceania
On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 6:41 AM Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Everyone has voted, if you like Maria you could call the motion result early.
> --
> Jody Garnett
>

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 at 13:56, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Board,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay, but I finally opened a vote on loomio for the
>> Travel Grant Program for FOSS4G Oceania. They need to know if we will
>> be able to allocate the money before the 21st of September to run the
>> selection process properly, so please vote before Thursday night.
>>
>> https://www.loomio.org/p/rTj2Z7qM/allocate-2000-for-tgp-in-foss4g-oceania
>>
>> Thanks for your collaboration and have a happy day!
>> María.

Re: [Board] [vote] Allocate $2000 for TGP Oceania

jody.garnett
Evening John, I was updating the AGM Slides to make sure TGP was included ... and noted Oceana is not yet listed on the website TGP page. Have you announced the TGP for Oceana yet?

That page is getting to be a real mess with hand editing (to avoid messing up the donate button).
--
Jody Garnett

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 00:45, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi John,

from my side I'd like to state, that this is a wonderful example on how our comunity works. Of course, we know these kind of TGP for some years for the global conference, but AFAIK you are the first local chapter, that runs such a program and receives support from the OSGeo side!

Congratulations!

In general I would appreciate, if you could publish your procedure and your experiences around your TGP after your event. This might help others setting up a TGP and of course will encourage others to follow!

Thanks, Till

Am 19.09.2018 um 08:20 schrieb John Bryant:
Wonderful news!! Thanks so much for expediting this, and giving us the support. We're very much looking forward to helping 8 deserving people make it to Melbourne, with your help. Also, looking forward to sharing what we learn. Adam Steer will be in a great position to offer his direct experience to the TGP policy development.

Cheers!
John

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 16:13, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning!

As Jody pointed, motion passed, green light to TGP Oceania :)

https://www.loomio.org/p/rTj2Z7qM/allocate-2000-for-tgp-in-foss4g-oceania
On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 6:41 AM Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Everyone has voted, if you like Maria you could call the motion result early.
> --
> Jody Garnett
>

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 at 13:56, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Board,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay, but I finally opened a vote on loomio for the
>> Travel Grant Program for FOSS4G Oceania. They need to know if we will
>> be able to allocate the money before the 21st of September to run the
>> selection process properly, so please vote before Thursday night.
>>
>> https://www.loomio.org/p/rTj2Z7qM/allocate-2000-for-tgp-in-foss4g-oceania
>>
>> Thanks for your collaboration and have a happy day!
>> María.

Re: [Board] [vote] Allocate $2000 for TGP Oceania

John Bryant
Sorry, replied earlier but meant to reply all:

Hey Jody,

Yep the Oceania TGP is pretty much wrapped up. Thanks for reminding me about that page, I forgot to add us there... Must add a note in our docs for next year to remind us.

I'll jump in there in a couple of days when I have better internet access, will see if there's any tidying I can do.

Cheers
John

On Wed., 24 Jul. 2019, 4:01 am Jody Garnett, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Evening John, I was updating the AGM Slides to make sure TGP was included ... and noted Oceana is not yet listed on the website TGP page. Have you announced the TGP for Oceana yet?

That page is getting to be a real mess with hand editing (to avoid messing up the donate button).
--
Jody Garnett

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 00:45, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi John,

from my side I'd like to state, that this is a wonderful example on how our comunity works. Of course, we know these kind of TGP for some years for the global conference, but AFAIK you are the first local chapter, that runs such a program and receives support from the OSGeo side!

Congratulations!

In general I would appreciate, if you could publish your procedure and your experiences around your TGP after your event. This might help others setting up a TGP and of course will encourage others to follow!

Thanks, Till

Am 19.09.2018 um 08:20 schrieb John Bryant:
Wonderful news!! Thanks so much for expediting this, and giving us the support. We're very much looking forward to helping 8 deserving people make it to Melbourne, with your help. Also, looking forward to sharing what we learn. Adam Steer will be in a great position to offer his direct experience to the TGP policy development.

Cheers!
John

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 16:13, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning!

As Jody pointed, motion passed, green light to TGP Oceania :)

https://www.loomio.org/p/rTj2Z7qM/allocate-2000-for-tgp-in-foss4g-oceania
On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 6:41 AM Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Everyone has voted, if you like Maria you could call the motion result early.
> --
> Jody Garnett
>

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 at 13:56, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Board,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay, but I finally opened a vote on loomio for the
>> Travel Grant Program for FOSS4G Oceania. They need to know if we will
>> be able to allocate the money before the 21st of September to run the
>> selection process properly, so please vote before Thursday night.
>>
>> https://www.loomio.org/p/rTj2Z7qM/allocate-2000-for-tgp-in-foss4g-oceania
>>
>> Thanks for your collaboration and have a happy day!
>> María.

Re: [Board] [vote] Allocate $2000 for TGP Oceania

John Bryant
Thanks again for the nudge, I've added the 2019 Oceania TGP and made a few cosmetic fixes to the TGP page. Hopefully we'll have more news to share soon.

Cheers
John