Re: [Board] OSGeo Budget 2020

Anita Graser
Hi Angelos,

The QGIS.ORG budget is a longer process, as you might imagine. (It has to be approved by the association's voting members.)
However based on the previous years budgets, I've filled in preliminary numbers for the following items:

- OSGeo Projects: QGIS $10k (equals a "large sustaining membership")
- Community Events: QGIS Developer Meeting and User Conference $3k (we're planning two events: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/24th-Contributor-Meeting-in-'s-Hertogenbosch and https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/25th-Developer-Meeting-in-N%C3%B8debo,-Denmark)

And somewhat independent of QGIS:

- Community Projects: OSGeo4W $4k (we're proposing to add a budget to support the continued maintenance of OSGeo4W)

If you require any more details at this point, please let us know.

Regards,
Anita

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 2:49 PM Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jody,

I will post an update regarding the budget after the board F2F video
meeting this Monday.

Best,
Angelos

On 12/25/19 7:42 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Angelos:
>
> Our GeoTools PMC is not meeting over the holiday period, although we did
> discuss general priorities for next year.
> Would you prefer I make something up as project officer? To at least
> provide guidance to the board ...
>
> I imagine many other projects are in a similar spot.
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 at 19:35, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please submit your budget requests by Dec 30th so we can start drafting
>> the 2020 budget.
>>
>> Happy holidays,
>> Angelos
>>
>> On 12/9/19 9:38 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>>> Dear OSGeo project members and committees,
>>>
>>> Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing
>>> number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings,
>>> and user conferences.
>>>
>>> OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, including project steering
>>> committees, to help plan our budget for 2020.
>>>
>>> As in last year, the board is discussing about assigning a starting
>>> budget of 2000$ to all graduated projects who have reported to the
>>> board the last 12 months (e.g. during the AGM or directly to a board
>>> meeting).
>>>
>>> For projects with more of a plan (to pursue a specific goal) projects
>>> are welcome to send a more detailed request for approval (see detailed
>>> budget requests from 2019 e.g.
>>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019)
>>>
>>> A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending
>>> the AGM or OSGeo code sprint. Also keep in mind OSGeo goals as an
>>> organization, (e.g. interoperability goal: CITE compliance or
>>> participation developing new standards)
>>>
>>> We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist
>>> your project. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of funding.
>>>
>>> Please add your project info to the budget draft at:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2020
>>>
>>> ideally by Dec 30 ahead of our next board meeting.
>>>
>>> When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals
>>> of our foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> On behalf of the OSGeo Board,
>>>
>>> Angelos
>>>

>> --