Re: [Board] Final Result on RfP 2020

Mark Iliffe-2
Echoing Steven's comments and congratulations to Calgary! Thanks too to both Halifax and the Niagara Falls teams too. Looking forward to Calgary 2020 already!!

Best,

Mark

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 at 15:12, Arnulf Christl <[hidden email]> wrote:

In my role as CRO I confirm the result reported by Till. 13 votes were cast and the winning team for hosting FOSS4G 2020 is Calgary.

Thanks to all teams, the Conference Committee for taking time to read the proposals and to Till for organizing the elections.

Arnulf

Am 13.12.18 um 20:31 schrieb Till Adams:

Dear CC & OSGeo-community,

I just received the final results from our voting CRO's.

They have received 13 votes. Some voters noted that the quality of both proposals was excellent and that it was difficult to select.

The winning team hosting FOSS4G 2020 is

**Calgary**

Many thanks to the Halifax team for their great effort and great proposal, also many thanks to the Niagara Falls team, that also handed in a LoI.

I only can tell everybody, that regardless where the conference takes place, it is always a pleasure to join and it is always an event for the whole community!!

Finally I have one wish for christmas: Please support the winning team in order to have a great event in 2020 in Calgary!

And last but not least - many thanks to our CRO's as well!

Cheers, Till

--
http://metaspatial.net
Spatially enabling your business.

Re: [Board] Final Result on RfP 2020

delawen
Dear Till and Conference Committee,

For the board to vote and approve this decision, we would like a short summary of the process and an explicit clarification that it was fair. Usually just the short summary would be fine, but as there has been some concerns raised, we would like an explicit confirmation that all candidatures had the same opportunities and no classified information, advantage or unfair help was given to any of them.

For the summary of the process, I think most of it you already sent in both emails with the news of the outcome of the voting. Just wanted to make sure there's nothing else worth mentioning or if there's something else we should publicly record for the future.

As a suggestion, it would be good to clarify the process to make transparent and clear what happens in case of recusation during the election process (and if it is possible to do so, on what circunstamces), so we all know explicitly the rules before entering the process and no one can suspect unfair game in the future.

Thank you for your work and congratulations to Calgary!
María.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 8:31 PM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Till!

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 9:15 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Maria,

(please forward this email to the board list, as I am not registered with this email adress)

I can confirm that the vote was fair and all voters had the same informations. I'd invite you to contact also Arnulf and Cameron, the two CRO's, I am sure, they will confirm also.

Presumably your question comes up, because there was the issue, that Paul Ramsey was asked to take the program chair of the Calgary LOC in between both voting stages. So Paul - not member of CLOC - voted on stage 1 but stepped back on voting for step 2, because that time he was already in CLOC. He confirmed, that he did not plan to enter CLOC when voting on stage 1 and I see no reason not to trust him as a longterm and earned member of our community. If that caused the issue, I think the information (and if wanted, confirmation by the CRO's), that he did not vote on stage 2 should be fine, right?

Steven and me asked Venka, who brought up the issue with Paul to clarify, where he sees problems with that, but he did not reply yet (to be correct, until yesterday evening, as I have no access to my fossgis-emails today).

In my eyes, it's time congratulate the Calgary team and to focus on having a successful FOSS4G event for the whole community and not to question the electoral process. If you read all the mails I sent to CC and the voting members, I can't imagine on how to make the process more transparent. If there are any suggestions for the future, CC is open to discuss this.

Kind regards, Till

Re: [Board] Final Result on RfP 2020

Angelos Tzotsos
Added in the agenda for Thursday meeting.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2018-12-20

Best,
Angelos

*Von: *"María Arias de Reyna" [hidden email]
[...]