Re: [Board] FOSS4GUK Online Lessons Learnt

Re: [Board] FOSS4GUK Online Lessons Learnt

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi all,

So far we have 9 participants for the video meeting with best dates so
far: 27,28,29 July and today 15 July the next option.
Please vote, I will keep this poll open for another day.

Best,
Angelos

On 7/6/20 4:51 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> Dear Board and Conference Committee,
>
> During the last board meeting we discussed about planning a specific
> video call to discuss the feedback we got from Calgary and FOSS4G UK
> teams.
>
> I have created this Doodle to help organize the meeting.
> https://doodle.com/poll/m5ath37tgfh8kn4e
>
> Best regards,
> Angelos
>
> On 7/4/20 3:36 PM, Steven Feldman wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> The OSGeo:UK have posted a first draft of their lessons learnt from
>> FOSS4GUK Online at
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4GUK_2020_Online_-_Lessons_Learnt
>> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4GUK_2020_Online_-_Lessons_Learnt>.
>> It may evolve a little bit as other team members add in their 2¢
>> ______
>> Steven
>>
>> Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org <http://mappery.org/>
>>
>> Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild <http://eepurl.com/dKStT-/>”
>> newsletter

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: [Board] FOSS4GUK Online Lessons Learnt

delawen
Hi,

Would it make sense that BALOC21 attends too? Or would that be too crowded?

We will read carefully any outputs from these meetings and leading conclusions. We have already developed a backup plan in case we have to move to an online form  (which we hopefully won't have to) but we are focusing on the onsite version at this moment.

Cheers,
María.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 10:03 AM Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

So far we have 9 participants for the video meeting with best dates so
far: 27,28,29 July and today 15 July the next option.
Please vote, I will keep this poll open for another day.

Best,
Angelos

On 7/6/20 4:51 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Dear Board and Conference Committee,
>
> During the last board meeting we discussed about planning a specific
> video call to discuss the feedback we got from Calgary and FOSS4G UK
> teams.
>
> I have created this Doodle to help organize the meeting.
> https://doodle.com/poll/m5ath37tgfh8kn4e
>
> Best regards,
> Angelos
>
> On 7/4/20 3:36 PM, Steven Feldman wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> The OSGeo:UK have posted a first draft of their lessons learnt from
>> FOSS4GUK Online at
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4GUK_2020_Online_-_Lessons_Learnt
>> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4GUK_2020_Online_-_Lessons_Learnt>.
>> It may evolve a little bit as other team members add in their 2¢
>> ______
>> Steven
>>
>> Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org <http://mappery.org/>
>>
>> Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild <http://eepurl.com/dKStT-/>”
>> newsletter

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: [Board] FOSS4GUK Online Lessons Learnt

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Maria,

Obviously BALOC21 is invited to join!

Best,
Angelos

On 7/15/20 12:59 PM, María Arias de Reyna wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would it make sense that BALOC21 attends too? Or would that be too crowded?
>
> We will read carefully any outputs from these meetings and leading
> conclusions. We have already developed a backup plan in case we have to
> move to an online form  (which we hopefully won't have to) but we are
> focusing on the onsite version at this moment.
>
> Cheers,
> María.
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 10:03 AM Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> So far we have 9 participants for the video meeting with best dates so
>> far: 27,28,29 July and today 15 July the next option.
>> Please vote, I will keep this poll open for another day.
>>
>> Best,
>> Angelos
>>
>> On 7/6/20 4:51 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>>> Dear Board and Conference Committee,
>>>
>>> During the last board meeting we discussed about planning a specific
>>> video call to discuss the feedback we got from Calgary and FOSS4G UK
>>> teams.
>>>
>>> I have created this Doodle to help organize the meeting.
>>> https://doodle.com/poll/m5ath37tgfh8kn4e
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Angelos

>> --
>> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
>> President
>> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
>> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: [Board] FOSS4GUK Online Lessons Learnt

Angelos Tzotsos

The video call will take place on Wed 29 July at 16:00 UTC.

Best,
Angelos

On 7/17/20 1:08 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Looks like 11 out of 12 that voted can make it on July 29th.
>
> On 7/15/20 11:04 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> So far we have 9 participants for the video meeting with best dates
>> so far: 27,28,29 July and today 15 July the next option.
>> Please vote, I will keep this poll open for another day.
>>
>> Best,
>> Angelos
>>
>> On 7/6/20 4:51 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>>> Dear Board and Conference Committee,
>>>
>>> During the last board meeting we discussed about planning a specific
>>> video call to discuss the feedback we got from Calgary and FOSS4G UK
>>> teams.
>>>
>>> I have created this Doodle to help organize the meeting.
>>> https://doodle.com/poll/m5ath37tgfh8kn4e
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Angelos

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: [Board] FOSS4GUK Online Lessons Learnt

Angelos Tzotsos
Forgot to mention that the call will be on:
https://meet.jit.si/OsgeoBoard

On 7/23/20 10:48 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The video call will take place on Wed 29 July at 16:00 UTC.
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>
> On 7/17/20 1:08 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Looks like 11 out of 12 that voted can make it on July 29th.
>>
>> On 7/15/20 11:04 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> So far we have 9 participants for the video meeting with best dates
>>> so far: 27,28,29 July and today 15 July the next option.
>>> Please vote, I will keep this poll open for another day.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Angelos

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: [Board] FOSS4GUK Online Lessons Learnt

Eli Adam
An agenda could help guide our discussions.

Best regards, Eli

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 12:48 AM Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Forgot to mention that the call will be on:
> https://meet.jit.si/OsgeoBoard
>
> On 7/23/20 10:48 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The video call will take place on Wed 29 July at 16:00 UTC.
> >
> > Best,
> > Angelos
> >
> > On 7/17/20 1:08 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Looks like 11 out of 12 that voted can make it on July 29th.

> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> President
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: [Board] FOSS4GUK Online Lessons Learnt

stevenfeldman
I have added a suggestion for a third agenda item "Discussion on content for Call for Proposals for FOSS4G 2022

The Board will need to reach a conclusion by end August on how it wishes to proceed with FOSS4G 2022 if we are going to prepare a call for proposals and get through the process by the end of the year (assuming something similar to the 2 stage process of past years)

______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter

On 27 Jul 2020, at 19:46, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I have drafted an agenda for the meeting:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2020-07-29

Best regards,
Angelos