Re: [Board] FOSS4G Conference in Tanzania

Re: [Board] FOSS4G Conference in Tanzania

Till Adams-3

Dear Mr. Mulamula,

I am replying on behalf of OSGeo's conference comittee. Our comittee cares about the RFP process, but after a conference is given to a location, (as for 2018 to Dar Es Salaam), the local teams care for the organisation on their own - if wanted they are supported by the conference committee, but any agreements with PCO's are on behalf of the local teams.

I am quite sure, that the Dar-team is well organized, as plannings are already well advanced. If there is a need for any local PCO (if there isn't any already), the correct address is to ask the local team. You should find the contact to them via the conference' web-pesence (2018.foss4g.org). As the Dar team is alreadyi nwork now for more than one year, I thin, that they are already setup well.

Kind regards, Till

(Chair of OSGeo's conferece committee

Am 06.02.2018 um 15:31 schrieb Jody Garnett:
Not sure about the board being included on this communication, perhaps intendee for the conference committee.

Looks to be a PCO reaching out to OSGeo as a business lead. Going to guess they just checked upcoming events and not our FOSS4G RFP processs.

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 12:11 AM Tanya Mulamula <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Mr Feldman,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to you from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania as a local Professional Conference Organiser (PCO). Our Company SRC is a member of ICCA and we came across the FOSS4G Conference that is being held in Aug/September 2018 in Dar es Salaam. (See the reference file attached). I take pride that our country will be hosting OSGeo community soon and I do hope you get to experience all the beauty that Tanzania has to offer.

The ICCA database does not show a local PCO appointed to work on this conference. We would like to be considered to work along side the Local Organising Committee as local conference managers to support the planning committee in organising all logistics pertaining to a successful & seamless execution of your conference. We have organised numerous events for a varied list of clientele - World Bank, Commonwealth Secretariat, GSMA, Govt of Tanzania, Centre for Global Development & The Aspen Institute to name a few. I have attached our company profile and client portfolio as reference.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,

Tanya Mulamula / Director

STUDIORED Communications & Conferences (SRC)
C&G Plaza 1st Floor, Mwai Kibaki Road, MikocheniP.O Box 70749, Dar es Salaam,Tanzania
http://www.studiored.co.tz

Jody Garnett