Re: AGSE Conference 12-16 Nov - NAMIBIA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Re: AGSE Conference 12-16 Nov - NAMIBIA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Antony Cooper
Dear Serena

Thanks for passing this on.

I see that it clashes with ISO/TC 211 in Wuhan, so I presume that you
will not be at AGSE.  Will anyone else from UP submit papers?

As your Commission is a co-organizer, will you or Franz-Josef be
submitting a paper from the Commission?  :-)

Is a five-day conference on the topic actually feasible in Namibia?  Or
will a few of the days be taken up by Franz-Josef and his colleagues to
present training?

I will have to contemplate submitting something.  I will obviously have
to pay my own way, but the key problem is the limited amount of leave
that I have left.

Thanks
Antony

>>> On 09 August 2018 at 18:16, in message
<CAGAfxFMJ3E0oN+VsZ3=[hidden email]>,
Serena
Coetzee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please see below information about the upcoming 9th Applied
Geoinformatics
> for Society and Environment (AGSE 2018) conference, to take place in
> Namibia 12-16 November 2018. Deadline for submissions is 31 August
2018.

> Serena Coetzee (GPr GISc 1245)
>
> University of Pretoria
> Director: Centre for Geoinformation Science
> Associate professor: Department Geography, Geoinformatics and
Meteorology
> Geography Building 3-5, Main Campus, Lynnwood Road, Hatfield, 0083,
South
> Africa
> email: [hidden email] · Web: www.up.ac.za/cgis · Mobile: +27
82
> 464 4294 · Tel: +27 12 420 3823

SCIENCE AND
> TECHNOLOGY
> To: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
>
> Dear Serena,
>
> I hope this email finds you in good health.
>
> I am writing to inform you that the upcoming *9th Applied
Geoinformatics
> for Society and Environment (AGSE 2018)* conference taking place from
*12-16
> November 2018* will be hosted by *Namibia University of Science and
> Technology* in collaboration with *Stuttgart University of Applied
Sciences
> (HFT Stuttgart) and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).* The
AGSE 2018
> theme is **Geoscience for Crisis and Disaster Management**, i.e.,
the
> contribution of Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing, and Planning to
> preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation of disasters.
>
> We trust that some colleagues from your institution will be
interested in
> attending the conference and contributing with research outputs in
line
> with the conference issue.
>
> We would be also very grateful if you could help us in disseminating
the
> information regarding AGSE 2018 conference through SADC area and
your
> academic network.
>
> Kindly find complete information about the conference in the
following