Raster Clipper Tool

Steven Lowman
It has been a while since I used the Raster Clipper tool and not sure where to find it.

All references have it listed under
  • Open 'Clippertool from Raster → Extraction → Clipper.

I checked extensions and there is a Clipper tool installed but under Extraction no clipper is listed?
It has been a while but used this to batch convert some Tiff images to compressed JPG files.

Steve
==============================
Steven K. Lowman GISP
GIS Analyst

Sheridan, WY 82801
[hidden email]
44°46'55.76"N 106°56'25.77"W
Elevation 3782 Ft 1152 Meters

Re: Raster Clipper Tool

Alex Mandel-2
Steve,

I assume you are now using QGIS 3. It's still there but has been split
into two items:
Clip raster by extent
Clip raster by mask layer

In the old dialog these were choices, now they are separate tools.

A quick search of the Toolbox with 'clip' will also turn up both of these.

Thanks,
Alex

On 12/6/18 14:38, Steven Lowman wrote:

> It has been a while since I used the Raster Clipper tool and not sure where to find it.
> All references have it listed under
>    - Open 'Clipper' tool from Raster → Extraction → Clipper.
>
> I checked extensions and there is a Clipper tool installed but under Extraction no clipper is listed?It has been a while but used this to batch convert some Tiff images to compressed JPG files.
> Steve
> ==============================
> Steven K. Lowman GISP
> GIS Analyst
> Sheridan, WY 82801
> [hidden email]
> 44°46'55.76"N 106°56'25.77"W
> Elevation 3782 Ft 1152 Meters==============================

Re: Raster Clipper Tool

Alex Mandel-2
Steve,

Yes you've noticed, Clip raster by * is actually the same underlying
tool as Translate.... gdal_translate. They are just different GUI to
make it easier for the user to make relevant parameter selections.

You could go full command-line if you want, even if you don't this will
help you understand the options:
https://www.gdal.org/gdal_translate.html

Thanks,
Alex