Rainfall dataset

Afika Khutshwa
Good day,

I am looking at obtaining  rainfall dataset for South Africa, all provinces. I am looking for annual average rainfall per province and regions over the past  10 years. I also want to establish the peak months for rainfall per province. This is required in a GIS format .

 I have made an inquiry to both the Agricultural Research Council and SA Weather Services, unfortunately I have not yet received a reply. Are there any other organisations except the ones i have listed that can perhaps assist as per the requirements stated above ?

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
A.Khutshwa

Re: Rainfall dataset

Mathews Makinta
Good day Africa,

I should think the relevant people or organization to approach with your request is SAWS (South African Weather Services). We at one stage we're doing a study and had been to get information there, even though they could a fee for the data.

Best regards,

Mathews Makinta
MKM Data Services

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020, 2:20 PM Afika Khutshwa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good day,

I am looking at obtaining  rainfall dataset for South Africa, all provinces. I am looking for annual average rainfall per province and regions over the past  10 years. I also want to establish the peak months for rainfall per province. This is required in a GIS format .

 I have made an inquiry to both the Agricultural Research Council and SA Weather Services, unfortunately I have not yet received a reply. Are there any other organisations except the ones i have listed that can perhaps assist as per the requirements stated above ?

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
A.Khutshwa

Re: Rainfall dataset

Afika Khutshwa
I have also made an enquiry there as well. It may be that perhaps it will take longer than normal due to the current situation with pandemic and abnormal working arrangements.

I want to check, are you familiar with this dataset? I was wondering how often does it get updated, is it updated annually? Do they have records for each of the past 10 years?

Thanks Mathews for you assistance.