RTK and GCP

Pedro Leão

Hi, someone has experience with onboard RTK?

What are the advantages? Model to recommend?

How are you guys marking your GCP?

Best,
P.

Re: RTK and GCP

Stephen Mather-2
For GCP's, I'm blessed with a couple of surveyors that work for my organization.

If you are patient, you could get by with a standard handheld GPS, put it on tracks mode, and then overage the tracks for a location for 30 minutes to and hour (the longer the better). You want at least 4 points, so that is a lot of patience... .

For RTK there is a wide range of options. On the less expensive side, I've heard good things about Piksi: https://www.swiftnav.com/piksi.html  but don't have any experience with it myself.

Cheers,
Best,
Steve