RFCs 6 + 7

Dan Little-2
Hey Folks,

Yes, it took me a month to get these out (between editing and meeting,
etc.).  If folks could please:

1. Read these RFCs:
 * 6: http://geomoose.org/rfc/rfc-6.html
 * 7: http://geomoose.org/rfc/rfc-7.html
2. Discuss.
3. Vote.  Please using something like "+1 BOTH", "+1 RFC-6", "+1
RFC-7" and not simply "+1" to ensure clarity.

Thanks folks!

Re: RFCs 6 + 7

Eli Adam
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Dan Little <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> Yes, it took me a month to get these out (between editing and meeting,
> etc.).  If folks could please:

Thanks for putting these together.

> 1. Read these RFCs:
>  * 6: http://geomoose.org/rfc/rfc-6.html
>  * 7: http://geomoose.org/rfc/rfc-7.html
> 2. Discuss.

RFC-6 looks good.  Have we checked with any fiscal agents to see if
they can implement it?  Sounds good to me but I'm not too
knowledgeable about current financial practices.

RFC-7 is fairly light on detail but captures some of the main points.
I'm not sure that we'll have more detail until we're further down the
road so little detail may be fine.  We may want to address GeoMOOSE
2.#, like it will go into maintenance and minor releases only with
little focus and effort.

> 3. Vote.  Please using something like "+1 BOTH", "+1 RFC-6", "+1
> RFC-7" and not simply "+1" to ensure clarity.

Let's vote as a separate stage after some discussion.

Best regards, Eli

> Thanks folks!

Re: RFCs 6 + 7

Brian Fischer
I think RFC 6 looks good.  There will be details that have to get worked out once it's implemented.

For RFC 7 I would at least like to see the dependencies (JavaScript libraries) added so people know what it will be rewritten on top of.  That could attract or detract users so it is good to be transparent about what those are.

Brian Fischer
Vice President, GIS Project Manager
Houston Engineering, Inc.
O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | M 763.229.2734

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Dan Little <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> Yes, it took me a month to get these out (between editing and meeting,
> etc.).  If folks could please:

Thanks for putting these together.

> 1. Read these RFCs:
>  * 6: http://geomoose.org/rfc/rfc-6.html
>  * 7: http://geomoose.org/rfc/rfc-7.html
> 2. Discuss.

RFC-6 looks good.  Have we checked with any fiscal agents to see if they can implement it?  Sounds good to me but I'm not too knowledgeable about current financial practices.

RFC-7 is fairly light on detail but captures some of the main points.
I'm not sure that we'll have more detail until we're further down the road so little detail may be fine.  We may want to address GeoMOOSE 2.#, like it will go into maintenance and minor releases only with little focus and effort.

> 3. Vote.  Please using something like "+1 BOTH", "+1 RFC-6", "+1
> RFC-7" and not simply "+1" to ensure clarity.

Let's vote as a separate stage after some discussion.

Best regards, Eli

> Thanks folks!

Re: RFCs 6 + 7

James Klassen-2
On 04/11/2017 07:15 PM, Eli Adam wrote:

> RFC-6 looks good.  Have we checked with any fiscal agents to see if
> they can implement it?  Sounds good to me but I'm not too
> knowledgeable about current financial practices.
I don't see anything in it that I imagine would be objectionable to a
fiscal agent.

Maybe this should be clarified, but my understanding is the git stuff is
internal to the PSC and it is the job of the PSC chair to keep it up to
date with spending authorized by PSC vote and reports of contributions
or expenditures from the fiscal agent.

> RFC-7 is fairly light on detail but captures some of the main points.
> I'm not sure that we'll have more detail until we're further down the
> road so little detail may be fine.  We may want to address GeoMOOSE
> 2.#, like it will go into maintenance and minor releases only with
> little focus and effort.
There is also the reality that tasks 1 and 2 are done so we might as
well record what was chosen.

I would also suggest adding tasks:
4. Document, Document, Document!
5. Test, Test, Test!

>> 3. Vote.  Please using something like "+1 BOTH", "+1 RFC-6", "+1
>> RFC-7" and not simply "+1" to ensure clarity.
> Let's vote as a separate stage after some discussion.
>
> Best regards, Eli
>
>> Thanks folks!

Re: RFCs 6 + 7

Dan Little-2
Updated RFC-7.   If y'all need/want more lemme know!

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 04/11/2017 07:15 PM, Eli Adam wrote:
>
>> RFC-6 looks good.  Have we checked with any fiscal agents to see if
>> they can implement it?  Sounds good to me but I'm not too
>> knowledgeable about current financial practices.
> I don't see anything in it that I imagine would be objectionable to a
> fiscal agent.
>
> Maybe this should be clarified, but my understanding is the git stuff is
> internal to the PSC and it is the job of the PSC chair to keep it up to
> date with spending authorized by PSC vote and reports of contributions
> or expenditures from the fiscal agent.
>

>> RFC-7 is fairly light on detail but captures some of the main points.
>> I'm not sure that we'll have more detail until we're further down the
>> road so little detail may be fine.  We may want to address GeoMOOSE
>> 2.#, like it will go into maintenance and minor releases only with
>> little focus and effort.
> There is also the reality that tasks 1 and 2 are done so we might as
> well record what was chosen.
>
> I would also suggest adding tasks:
> 4. Document, Document, Document!
> 5. Test, Test, Test!
>>

>>> 3. Vote.  Please using something like "+1 BOTH", "+1 RFC-6", "+1
>>> RFC-7" and not simply "+1" to ensure clarity.
>> Let's vote as a separate stage after some discussion.
>>
>> Best regards, Eli
>>
>>> Thanks folks!

Re: RFCs 6 + 7

Dan Little-2
Anyone else have any points of discussion?