RFC 67 - Migrate FDO to VS 2012

Karsten Winter

Hi

Autodesk would like to migrate the projects in Trunk to the VS 2012 compiler.

I have added a new RFC 67 for review. Please have a look into it and provide any feedback when required.

Best regards

Karsten Winter

Karsten Winter

Software - Engineer

Solution Engineering, IPG- ICP

Autodesk S.a.r.l.

Worbstrasse 223

3073 Gümligen

Switzerland

Central   +41 (0)31 9582020

Fax         +41 (0)31 9582022

Adsk_logo_4_sig_v03_crop.gif

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in this transmission is strictly PROHIBITED

Re: RFC 67 - Migrate FDO to VS 2012

Jackie Ng
Is the milestone of 3.8.1 correct?

Is this not a breaking change for a point release?

- Jackie

Re: RFC 67 - Migrate FDO to VS 2012

Haris Kurtagic
Hi Karsten,

I would really like that we add $(Configuration) and &(PlatformToolset) into FDO project's properties output and intermeddiate directory propeties (and lib ).
Currently we have like 'Obj\Fdo\Win32\Debug\' . That would be changed to something like : Obj\$(PlatformToolset)\Fdo\Win32\$(Configuration)\
I personally like to use $(Platform) instead of Win32 or x64.

I think this will be very useful important because we can easier add new configurations for previous compilers. I currently need to make copies of whole fdo folders and rename to create builds for vs9 and vs10.

If some help or testing would be needed to fulfill this additional req., I am happy to jump in.

Thanks,
Haris

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is the milestone of 3.8.1 correct?

Is this not a breaking change for a point release?

- Jackie

Re: RFC 67 - Migrate FDO to VS 2012

Greg Boone
Yes. I think you are right. We would have to move to 3.9.0.

Is this not a breaking change for a point release?

- Jackie

Re: RFC 67 - Migrate FDO to VS 2012

Greg Boone

Hi Haris,

We could do this, but this would be a change for the Autodesk install and the various open source build scripts. I would like to see this proposed and scheduled separately from the VS2012 RFC so we can easily divide the effort and schedule it accordingly.

Greg

Re: RFC 67 - Migrate FDO to VS 2012

Haris Kurtagic
Hi Greg,
Ok, I understand. We leave that for another RFC then.

Haris