RE: mapbuilers examples

claire tondriaux
hey,

thanks for your help, actually the problem about mapbuilder examples was
just that I couldn't see the changes I had done immediatly. Does geoserver
use special cache memory, and is there something to do so that my changes
can be immediatly effective? And an other question : I have now created a
demo, is there a way to make it accessible from geoserver homepage, like the
tasmania and CITE ones? Or should I replace one of them?
Thanks again

Claire

Re: RE: mapbuilers examples

Chris Holmes-2
Quoting claire tondriaux <[hidden email]>:

> hey,
>
> thanks for your help, actually the problem about mapbuilder examples
> was
> just that I couldn't see the changes I had done immediatly. Does
> geoserver
> use special cache memory, and is there something to do so that my
> changes
> can be immediatly effective?
I think this is actually a mapbuilder question - I think the solution is
for them to do a reload, at least of the layer that's been updated,
after doing an insert.  I think if you just pan slightly that will
force a reload and it will show up.

> And an other question : I have now
> created a
> demo, is there a way to make it accessible from geoserver homepage,
> like the
> tasmania and CITE ones? Or should I replace one of them?
Um.  You can edit the last line of geoserver/WEB-INF/pages/Welcome.jsp
(in server/ or your webapps/ directory).  If that doesn't load up then
delete WEB-INF/work/WEB-INF/pages/Welcome_jsp (both the class and .java
files).

Though these are just made as demos - you could just point people at
your map, instead of the geosrever page.  And you can change the html
on your demo page to be an entirely different looking page, with your
map in it.

best regards,

Chris