RE: classy reclass

/S=E.ODOHERTY/OU=R02F06A/PRMD=USDA.FS.X400/ADMD=TELEMAIL/C=US/
reclass:
You should have used the non-interactive method of r.reclass:
r.reclass input=original_file output=reclassed_file < reclass_table
Where "reclass_table" is a file that equates the old values to new
values.  See the man pages for the syntax.  If I were you  I would
now use awk to create the next reclass table.  Eg., say you want to
divide the original values by 10.  Create a file consisting of a list
of the elevation values in your original table (I'll call it
value_list).  The syntax using awk would be:
awk '{print S1"="S1/10}' value_list > reclass_table_name
There are snazzier ways of using awk as well.
Erin O'Doherty
USDA Forest Service
Rocky Mtn Forest & Range Exp. Sta.
Laramie WY    phone (307) 742-6621
my e-mail address is unfortunately:
/s=e.odoherty/ou=r02f06a/prmd=usda.fs.x400/admd=telemail/c=us/@sprint.
com
(If you need more help with this you could call or e-mail me.)