R and GRASS on Windows - Status 1

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R and GRASS on Windows - Status 1

Maximilian Bakenhus
Hello all,

nearly any GRASS command which I write gives me Errors like:

1: running command 'r.to.vect.exe --quiet --overwrite input=sites_catchm_1 output=sites_catchm_1_v type=area' had status 1

2: running command 'v.overlay.exe --overwrite --quiet ainput=veg_01_sa_31467.shp binput=sites_catchm_1_v operator=and output=veg_01_sa_31467.shp_1 olayer=1,0,0' had status 1

3: running command 'v.db.addcolumn.bat map=veg_01_sa_31467.shp_1 columns="area double precision"' had status 1

I guess this is because of wrong permissions ? 
How can I get along with that ? 

Thanks a lot,

Max

_______________________________________________
grass-stats mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-stats
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R and GRASS on Windows - Status 1

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Maximilian Bakenhus wrote

> Hello all,
>
> nearly any GRASS command which I write gives me Errors like:
>
> 1: running command 'r.to.vect.exe --quiet --overwrite input=sites_catchm_1
> output=sites_catchm_1_v type=area' had status 1
>
> 2: running command 'v.overlay.exe --overwrite --quiet
> ainput=veg_01_sa_31467.shp binput=sites_catchm_1_v operator=and
> output=veg_01_sa_31467.shp_1 olayer=1,0,0' had status 1
>
> 3: running command 'v.db.addcolumn.bat map=veg_01_sa_31467.shp_1
> columns="area double precision"' had status 1
>
> I guess this is because of wrong permissions ?
> How can I get along with that ?

(1) which R version?
(2) which GRASS version? standalone wingrass or OSGeo4W wingrass?
(3) how is the exact command in R?



-----
best regards
Helmut
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Stats-f4049448.html
_______________________________________________
grass-stats mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-stats
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R and GRASS on Windows - Status 1

Helmut Kudrnovsky
In reply to this post by Maximilian Bakenhus
---
(1)‘3.4.2’of R, Version 1.1.383   of R Studio
(2) GRASS Standalone
(3)
 

a <- NULL
for(i in 1:length(anames)){
  print(anames[i])
  a <- c(a,unique(execGRASS("v.db.select",
                            parameters = list(
                              map = anames[i],
                              columns = "objart"
                            ), intern = T)[-1]))
}
 

Warning messages:
1: running command 'v.db.select.exe map=veg_01_sa_31467.shp columns=objart'
had status 1
 

 

 

For any GRASS related command I get a similar error.
 ----

you have to keep it on the mailing list, otherwise no one is able to answer.



-----
best regards
Helmut
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Stats-f4049448.html
_______________________________________________
grass-stats mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-stats
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R and GRASS on Windows - Status 1

Maximilian Bakenhus
you have to keep it on the mailing list, otherwise no one is able to answer.
True, thanks for recognizing. 
Furthermore, the OS used is Windows 10 Pro. 
I argued if its maybe because of missing writing privileges, 
but I don't know how to check that. 

 

2017-11-09 22:07 GMT+01:00 Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]>:
---
(1)‘3.4.2’of R, Version 1.1.383   of R Studio
(2) GRASS Standalone
(3)


a <- NULL
for(i in 1:length(anames)){
  print(anames[i])
  a <- c(a,unique(execGRASS("v.db.select",
                            parameters = list(
                              map = anames[i],
                              columns = "objart"
                            ), intern = T)[-1]))
}


Warning messages:
1: running command 'v.db.select.exe map=veg_01_sa_31467.shp columns=objart'
had status 1






For any GRASS related command I get a similar error.
 ----

you have to keep it on the mailing list, otherwise no one is able to answer.



-----
best regards
Helmut
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Stats-f4049448.html
_______________________________________________
grass-stats mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-stats


_______________________________________________
grass-stats mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-stats
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R and GRASS on Windows - Status 1

Roger Bivand
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017, M Bakenhus wrote:

>>
>> you have to keep it on the mailing list, otherwise no one is able to
>> answer.
>>
> True, thanks for recognizing.
> Furthermore, the OS used is Windows 10 Pro.
> I argued if its maybe because of missing writing privileges,
> but I don't know how to check that.
>

Just speculation, really.

Make a completely reproducible example with the North Carolina location. I
guess (but without such an example cannot check) that at least one of the
parameters is wrongly set.

Almost certainly you must simplify first, then find the corner cases
needing special treatment.

>
>
> 2017-11-09 22:07 GMT+01:00 Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]>:
>
>> ---
>> (1)‘3.4.2’of R, Version 1.1.383   of R Studio
>> (2) GRASS Standalone
>> (3)
>>
>>
>> a <- NULL
>> for(i in 1:length(anames)){
>>   print(anames[i])
>>   a <- c(a,unique(execGRASS("v.db.select",
>>                             parameters = list(
>>                               map = anames[i],
>>                               columns = "objart"
>>                             ), intern = T)[-1]))
>> }
>>
>>
>> Warning messages:
>> 1: running command 'v.db.select.exe map=veg_01_sa_31467.shp columns=objart'
>> had status 1
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> For any GRASS related command I get a similar error.
>>  ----
>>
>> you have to keep it on the mailing list, otherwise no one is able to
>> answer.
>>
>>
>>
>> -----
>> best regards
>> Helmut
>> --
>> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Stats-f4049448.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> grass-stats mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-stats
>>
>
--
Roger Bivand
Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics,
Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; e-mail: [hidden email]
Editor-in-Chief of The R Journal, https://journal.r-project.org/index.html
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140
https://scholar.google.no/citations?user=AWeghB0AAAAJ&hl=en
_______________________________________________
grass-stats mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-stats
Roger Bivand
NHH Norwegian School of Economics, Bergen, Norway