R: Arc/Info 9 as a client?

Fabio Da Soghe
Hi all.

This is a very interesting issue for us too. I really hope someone could bring here his/her experience with ArcGis as a WFS/WMS client, as we have customers who are interested in using their ESRI installations with an OGC geodatabase such as GeoServer.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Fabio Da Soghe

Re: R: Arc/Info 9 as a client?

Chris Holmes-2
Some guys at conterra did an arcgis extension that handles locking and
transactoins with WFS.  They used GeoServer as their reference server,
since we're the only ones who support locking well.  More information
here: http://www.conterra.de/software/sdi/wfseditor/index.shtm  I don't
know how much it costs, or if you need wfs editing.  Other than that I
think there may be some other extensions that do WFS.  WMS should be
better supported, as I think others point out.

Chris