Questions on GN 3.4.2

Koistinen Kai (MML)
Hi,

We are planning to update our INSPIRE discovery service from Geonetwork version 3.2.1 to 3.4.2. I have started testing 3.4.2 in our demo environment and two questions have come up so far:

1)      In 3.2.1 I was able to configure INSPIRE view as the default editor view. I did this in config-editor.xml by disabling the "default" view:

    <view name="default" disabled="true">

In 3.4.2 this configuration seems not to be working. It disables the "default" view from the views list in the editor but when I open the editor the initial view is something that is not the INSPIRE view that I would like it to be. How to configure the INSPIRE view as the default view when the editor is opened?

2)      How to configure INSPIRE validation feature to use the INSPIRE ETF validator? I tried to configure http://inspire-sandbox.jrc.ec.europa.eu/etf-webapp/ as the remote validator address. When I try to validate it seems to be doing something for some time but when it finishes there is no error report available. Have I configured correctly? I tried also with our local ETF installation but the result was the same.

Best regards,
Kai Koistinen
Expert
National Land Survey of Finland
+358 40 487 9104
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Questions on GN 3.4.2

Jose Garcia
Hi Kai

See feedback inline.

Regards,
Jose García

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 3:08 PM, Koistinen Kai (MML) <kai.koistinen@
maanmittauslaitos.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are planning to update our INSPIRE discovery service from Geonetwork
> version 3.2.1 to 3.4.2. I have started testing 3.4.2 in our demo
> environment and two questions have come up so far:
>

> 1)      In 3.2.1 I was able to configure INSPIRE view as the default
> editor view. I did this in config-editor.xml by disabling the "default"
>
>     <view name="default" disabled="true">

In 3.4.2 this configuration seems not to be working. It disables the
> "default" view from the views list in the editor but when I open the editor
> the initial view is something that is not the INSPIRE view that I would
> like it to be. How to configure the INSPIRE view as the default view when
> the editor is opened?

This has change from previous versions and for now requires some javascript
changes.

There's an open issue for this https://github.com/geonetwork/
core-geonetwork/issues/2635 to improve it. In a custom project we changed
directly the snippet referenced in the issue to return the INSPIRE view
instead.

> 2)      How to configure INSPIRE validation feature to use the INSPIRE ETF
> validator? I tried to configure http://inspire-sandbox.jrc.ec.
> europa.eu/etf-webapp/ as the remote validator address. When I try to
> validate it seems to be doing something for some time but when it finishes
> there is no error report available. Have I configured correctly? I tried
> also with our local ETF installation but the result was the same.

The PR for this work has some screenshots on how should work:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/pull/2444

When the validation finishes should be display a popup with a link to the
report (See https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1323093/
34157133-8ed599e6-e4c0-11e7-8e93-db1ac3b7aabe.png)

You're not getting that? Have you check the log files? Are you using a
proxy server in GeoNetwork?

I have tested with latest 3.4.x branch, setting up the url like:
http://inspire-sandbox.jrc.ec.europa.eu/etf-webapp/ and takes a while to
get the popup, but I get the report properly.

> Best regards,
> Kai Koistinen
> Expert
> National Land Survey of Finland
> +358 40 487 9104
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

> s/geonetwork

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: Questions on GN 3.4.2

Koistinen Kai (MML)
Hi,

Thanks! The change to Javascript fixed the first issue.

The validation issue I wasn’t able to fix. We are using a proxy server and that might block the traffic now. Logs show connection timeout “Error calling INSPIRE service: http://inspire-sandbox.jrc.ec.europa.eu/etf-webapp/
org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to inspire-sandbox.jrc.ec.europa.eu:80 [inspire-sandbox.jrc.ec.europa.eu/139.191.229.26] failed: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)”. Proxy server is configured in Geonetwork settings. Should I configure the proxy somewhere else too to make it work?

Regards,
Kai

Vastaanottaja: Koistinen Kai (MML) <[hidden email]>
Kopio: [hidden email]
Aihe: Re: [GeoNetwork-users] Questions on GN 3.4.2

Hi Kai

See feedback inline.

Regards,
Jose García

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 3:08 PM, Koistinen Kai (MML) <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
[...]

[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

[Lähettäjä poisti kuvan.]<http://www.geocat.net/>
Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)318 416664<tel:+31318416664>

[Lähettäjä poisti kuvan.]<https://www.facebook.com/geocatbv> [Lähettäjä poisti kuvan.] <https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>  [Lähettäjä poisti kuvan.] <https://plus.google.com/u/1/+GeocatNetbv/posts>

image001.jpg (494 bytes) Download Attachment
image002.jpg (464 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Questions on GN 3.4.2

Jose Garcia
Hi Kai

If the server where Geonetwork is installed uses a proxy server to access
to the Internet, you need to configure it in the Administration settings.

Regards,
Jose García

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:50 PM, Koistinen Kai (MML) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Thanks! The change to Javascript fixed the first issue.
>

> The validation issue I wasn’t able to fix. We are using a proxy server and
> that might block the traffic now. Logs show connection timeout “Error
> calling INSPIRE service: http://inspire-sandbox.jrc.ec.
> europa.eu/etf-webapp/
>
> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to
> inspire-sandbox.jrc.ec.europa.eu:80 [inspire-sandbox.jrc.ec.
> europa.eu/139.191.229.26] failed: Connection timed out (Connection timed
> out)”. Proxy server is configured in Geonetwork settings. Should I
> configure the proxy somewhere else too to make it work?
>

> Regards,
>
> Kai

image002.jpg (462 bytes) Download Attachment
image001.jpg (492 bytes) Download Attachment