Question on SLD_BODY

Alessio Fabiani
Hi list,
is there a way to send to the WMS an SLD_BODY which renders only specific FeatureIDs?

Ok, I know that I can create a filter like this

    <Filter>
      <Or>
       <FeatureId fid="Main.2"/>
       <FeatureId fid="Main.3"/>
      </Or>
    </Filter>

but the problem of this kind of filter is that if I would like to get lets say 2000 features it won't work due to the HTTP GET request limitations.

Have you any idea or solution?

Thanks in advance,
                             Alessio.

Re: [Geoserver-users] Question on SLD_BODY

Chris Holmes-2
Quoting Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>:

> Hi list,
> is there a way to send to the WMS an SLD_BODY which renders only
> specific
> FeatureIDs?
Not that I know, but I'm far from the expert.

> Ok, I know that I can create a filter like this
>
>     <Filter>
>       <Or>
>        <FeatureId fid="Main.2"/>
>        <FeatureId fid="Main.3"/>
>       </Or>
>     </Filter>
>
> but the problem of this kind of filter is that if I would like to get
> lets
> say 2000 features it won't work due to the HTTP GET request
> limitations.
>
> Have you any idea or solution?
Use a Post request for GetMap?  Then you won't have the Get limit I
don't think.

> Thanks in advance,
>                              Alessio.

Re: [Geoserver-users] Question on SLD_BODY

Alessio Fabiani
Yes, I thought to this solution, but in this particoular case I cannot use POST because I need dynamic image srcs ... maybe I can find a turn around using AJAX ... don't know, I'll check this.

However I don't think that there is a way to send an SLD_BODY via POST to the WMS tight now!

On 11/25/05, Chris Holmes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Quoting Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>:

> Hi list,
> is there a way to send to the WMS an SLD_BODY which renders only
> specific
> FeatureIDs?
Not that I know, but I'm far from the expert.

> Ok, I know that I can create a filter like this
>
>     <Filter>
>       <Or>
>        <FeatureId fid="Main.2"/>
>        <FeatureId fid="Main.3 "/>
>       </Or>
>     </Filter>
>
> but the problem of this kind of filter is that if I would like to get
> lets
> say 2000 features it won't work due to the HTTP GET request
> limitations.
>
> Have you any idea or solution?
Use a Post request for GetMap?  Then you won't have the Get limit I
don't think.

> Thanks in advance,
>                              Alessio.

Re: [Geoserver-users] Question on SLD_BODY

Chris Holmes-2
Quoting Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>:

> Yes, I thought to this solution, but in this particoular case I
> cannot use
> POST because I need dynamic image srcs ... maybe I can find a turn
> around
> using AJAX ... don't know, I'll check this.
>
> However I don't think that there is a way to send an SLD_BODY via
> POST to
> the WMS tight now!
Really?  You know more than I, but there's a GetMapXmlReader that will
take in a GetMap Post thing, with SLD embedded in it.

Chris