Question on RADARSAT-2 data

John Stastny
I was curious as to weather there is ossim support for the RADARSAT-2
product.xml data format.  I know gdal has support for this format, but was
not sure if ossim can read these files via the gadal-plugin.

I tried using the usual method for opening images...

ossimImageHandler *handler =
ossimImageHandlerRegistry::instance()->open(ossimFilename (input));

But the handler is returned null.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Regards,
John Stastny

Re: Question on RADARSAT-2 data

david.burken
John,

There are always two issues with different data formats.  One is reading the image data itself and the other is the sensor module/geometry.

The OTB folks (ORFEO Toolbox (OTB) 2.2) have written an ossim based Radarsat 2 sensor model (among others) and have offered us up the code to us to place in a plugin.  We haven't had time to do it yet though and I'm not sure when myself or Garrett will get to it as we both must work on contract requirements first...

So in short, if you have the gdal plugin installed and you are getting back null from the image handler factory then you're out of luck.  Plus you would want to use a sensor model to orthorectify, unless it's already map projected for you.

Hope that helps,
Dave