Question for ArcSDE users

Chris Holmes-2
Hey everyone, I'm looking for help with ArcSDE jars.  We're no longer
comfortable distributing the jars with geoserver, since though the
original jars were obtained from an esri website, freely available, they
didn't include any sort of license, and the original site is no longer up.

So from now on ArcSDE will only be distributed as a plug-in, and users
must add their own jars.  I'd like to direct users to find these jars in
their SDE package, but the problem is I've never used ArcSDE, so have no
idea where these jars are included.

I know that in 8.3 just the jsde_sdk-8.3.jar is needed.  Anyone have
instructions for new users to find where that's located?

And for 9.0 where the java libraries are?  And their names?

thanks!

Chris

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project

cholmes.vcf (281 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Question for ArcSDE users

Chris Tweedie-2
For ArcSDE 9.1 these libs can be found in

/arcsdesdk/sdeexe91/lib/

where you can find the required jsde91_sdk.jar for GS

I'd say the 8.3 media structure would be similar, but cant be sure

Chris

[...]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the use of the addressee(s).  It may contain information that is confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure, distribution or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited.  If you receive this in error, please notify the author by Return email to the sender.  Information in this message not relating to the official business of DLI shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.  While every care is taken, it is recommended that you scan any attachments for viruses.  DLI liability is limited to re-supplying affected attachments.

PLEASE NOTE: All dola.wa.gov.au and vgo.wa.gov.au email addresses have been decommissioned. These have been replaced by dli.wa.gov.au addresses. Please ensure that your records are updated to reflect this change.  Further information can be obtained by contacting our service desk on 92737533 or emailing [hidden email]