Question about translation into esperanto

Question about translation into esperanto

Axel Rousseau
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi,
I would like to help to translate QGis to esperanto. I create an account on transiflex and ask to join the esperanto team.

I would like to know who is the maintener of the esperanto version ? and how can I contact him to introduce myself ?

I see that the esperanto version is complete to 45% (on the transiflex website) but I don't see the esperanto files on the github repository. Do you know why ?

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Axel Rousseau

Re: Question about translation into esperanto

macho
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi Axel,

Thanks for helping with the translation.
You should see the maintainer of the language in transifex once you are accepted to the language.
About github: The files are applied from transifex within every release so you may probably not see the current language files in github because translation happens on transifex.

btw: translation on transifex only happens for the "master" so if you are searching in any already released version you won't find it either.

As you already found your way to the mailing list - just keep asking whenever a problem arises.

regards
Werner

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Axel Rousseau <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

But I don't understand why I don't see the esperanto file here :

And why I can see others languages.

The other question is : When the esperanto versio will be available ?

Thank you,

Axel

Re: Question about translation into esperanto

Jürgen E. Fischer

On Tue, 31. Oct 2017 at 10:03:59 +0100, Axel Rousseau wrote:
> But I don't understand why I don't see the esperanto file here :
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/i18n

git is only updated on release.  The nightlies also pull in the translations.
But both only for languages which have at least 35% of the translations.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Re: Question about translation into esperanto

Axel Rousseau
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi Jürgen,

But both only for languages which have at least 35% of the translations.

The esperanto version seem to have 45% :

and seem to have more than 35% since december 2017 :

And I don't understand why the file :
was changed to integrate the Hindi language :

[TRANSUP] adding hindi from transifex

mach0 committed on 3 Nov 2014

but not to integrate the esperanto langage :

So, if I undestand, the esperanto will be available in the 3.0.0 version in december ?

Thank your for your response,

Axel

On Tue, 31. Oct 2017 at 10:59:12 +0100, Axel Rousseau wrote:
> The esperanto version seem to have 45% :
> https://www.transifex.com/qgis/QGIS/language/eo/

> and seem to have more than 35% since december 2017 :
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3904

transifex translates master.  Master was last released when 2.18 was branched
off in October 2017.

> And I don't understand why the file :
> https://github.com/sikmir/QGIS/commits/master/i18n/CMakeLists.txt
> was changed to integrate the Hindi language :
>
> [TRANSUP] adding hindi from transifex
> <https://github.com/sikmir/QGIS/commit/23261ef68bb32091e8e78bfc3c8f36ca397781a1#diff-906343c64e11bcd3f207c661403758f9>
>  …
> mach0 <https://github.com/sikmir/QGIS/commits?author=mach0> committed on 3
> Nov 2014

Not sure if we were even already using transifex back then.

> So, if I undestand, the esperanto will be available in the 3.0.0 version in
> december ?

Yes.

Jürgen