Question about password policy enhancements

Question about password policy enhancements

Jo Cook
Hi Developers,

I missed the chance to raise this with everyone last week at Bolsena, but I was wondering how likely it is that this particular issue (around improving password security) would be resolved in 3.4.3:

Or, with the new plans for when features are added, is it more likely to be included in 3.6?

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

--
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: Question about password policy enhancements

Jose Garcia
Hi Jo

This was implemented in a custom project, instead of requesting the properties of the password like described in the issue

Add in the settings the configuration for the password enforcement with some selections like: min length, require upper/lower case, require special characters (maybe configurable the list).

, was implemented using a regular expression, but works in a similar way. I'll check to upgrade the code to master and make a PR for this work.

Regards,
Jose García

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:01 AM, Jo Cook <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664

Re: Question about password policy enhancements

Jo Cook
Hi Jose,

That's good to hear. Can you confirm whether it is likely to go into 3.4.x in that case, or 3.6?

Thanks

Jo

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Jose Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

As it's a new feature, from last week discussions I guess should go to 3.6, but I can provide you a backport to 3.4.

Regards,
Jose García