Question about getfeatureinfo from a beginner.

Question about getfeatureinfo from a beginner.

Dakan
Hi Folks

I'm new to developing web-maps and I'm trying to get the pop-up feature to read attributes form a wms layer.
It is working in the sense that if I click anywhere on the map I get a pop-up that says; Error 404: Not Found Not found. However it isn't interacting with the features on the wms layer.

The code I have is;
function initMap() {

//initialise variables
var osmlayer;
var point;
var dlr_libraries_wms;
var info;

    //create new map object
    map = new OpenLayers.Map("mymap");

    //create new OSM base layer
    osmlayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM("Open Street Map");

//create WMS layers
// DLR Libraries Layer

        dlr_libraries_wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("DLR Libraries (WMS)", "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/egm715/wms",
        {
        layers: "egm715:Libraries",
        transparent: true
        }, {
        projection: "EPSG:3857",
        opacity: 0.5,
        visibility: false
        }
    );

OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "proxy.cgi?url=";

        info = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
            url: 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/egm715/wms',
            title: 'Identify features by clicking',
            queryVisible: true,
            eventListeners: {
                getfeatureinfo: function(event) {
                    map.addPopup(new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud(
                        "chicken",
                        map.getLonLatFromPixel(event.xy),
                        null,
                        event.text,
                        null,
                        true
                    ));
                }
            }
        });
        map.addControl(info);
        info.activate();

Can anyone offer some advice on this? Thanks