Question about WFS requests

Eli Dylan Lorimer
Good Morning,

This works well but now I would like to limit the type of data coming back; is there any way to specify sql-like constraints on my request such that for instance, I might say that I only want gml returned that falls within a specified bounding box (myPoint < Point Column in DB) or that the GML returned falls within a specific time range (myTimestamp < Timestamp column in DB)?

Cheers,
./dylan

Re: Question about WFS requests

Chris Holmes-2
Yes, you use a Filter.  There is a whole specification on Filters, which
is a companion spec to WFS.  A filter is basically an xml encoding of a
sql WHERE clause.  It supports spatial and non-spatial attributes, you
can definitely do bounding box and lessThan queries.  The post requests
are better suited for complex filters, but you can do them with get
requests to.  The spec has a few shortcuts like BBOX=0,0,10,10 and
FEATUREID=roads.1  But you can also use FILTER= and embeded a full xml
filter in your kvp request - just be sure to get the namespaces right.

best regards,

Chris